Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs...

2 posters

Go down

Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs... Empty Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:03 pm

I have not been in the vintage card hobby for very long so whats up with the story of Daniels owning all/part of the find in the 1990's?

The thread on Net 54 says something about a interview by PSA concerning the Tango Eggs discovery. Also says something about a known Cobb Tango Eggs that he may not own but says he does.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs... Empty Re: Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs...

Post by scott elkins Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:36 pm

Mark, as all of us who have been around for a while know for a fact, you cannot believe anything Daniels says. When I first ran into him over 10 years ago, he told me he owned a Drum Cobb. Turns out every card I have ever wanted or owned, he claims to own one in a much higher grade - he did this with the Cocoa Cobb when I first owned one (I eventually owned two over the years). Then, when I checked out the population report, there were NO OTHERS. Daniels then claimed his was mislabeled by PSA as a T206. When I have asked him for scans of these cards, he never produced them and starts ranting that I don't believe him.

I have included the letter from the family the Tango Eggs came from. The REAL STORY is these were sold off by Mr. Mint to a few dealers. Daniels then obtained some from one of these sources. Now, he claims to have found the Tango Egg discovery years later and also claims there to be cards in the discovery that were NEVER there - like a Wagner and another Cobb pose! Rob Lifson, in an auction, offered a $100k reward for these cards Daniels claims were in the find (a reward simply to show Rob the cards). Needless to say, Daniels didn't have the cards, as he claims, or he would have claimed the reward for showing his cards!

Daniels is a very shady character. I would advise anyone to NOT believe anything he says and to stay away from him. Afterall, he use to talk about me being "like a younger brother to him", then, he stole almost $900 from me! lol2

Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs... Tango_10

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Whats up with Brian Daniels and Tango Eggs... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down