Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What am I missing

4 posters

Go down

What am I missing Empty What am I missing

Post by t2069bk Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:20 am

I was just starting a new quest... trying to get the various MVP and Cy Young winners that played for the Cubs on a card from their award winning season. So I started with 1911 Frank "Wildfire" Schulte as listed in Baseball Reference. Well I stumbled on this when trying to decide between a T205 or T206...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370140679681

I know it's a hard card to get - it was one of the hard ones to come by when I put together a T206 Cubs set but $255 for a 3? (there's also a BIN for $330 for a 4????? You can get 1-2 HOFers for that???????

What am I missing or has the economy turned around without me knowing it!!!!!
t2069bk
t2069bk
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
What am I missing Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What am I missing Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What am I missing Empty Re: What am I missing

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:50 am

Not sure what that is all about but there are 3 strong bidders. Sometimes you hit the right people at the right time. The price is probably 5X too high.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What am I missing Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What am I missing Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What am I missing Empty Tough Card

Post by Bosox Blair Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:09 am

Hey,

Not suggesting the price was right, but...according to Scot Reader's "Inside T206", that card is the 60th toughest card in T206. Given that 45 of those top 60 are minor leaguers, that card is the 15th toughest major leaguer in T206.

It is right up there with the Kleinow Boston variation.

I'd guess that is a big part of the answer.

Cheers,
Blair
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What am I missing Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What am I missing Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:38 am

A tough 150 series card. Brings good coin at each auction -raw or graded. Very tough to find above grade 4. Mostly seen with SC 150 or Pied 150. If you ever see it with Hindu look out-that auction will bring heavy coin in any condition.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What am I missing Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What am I missing Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down