Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was this a good deal???

+3
3-2-count
slidekellyslide
arandy
7 posters

Go down

Was this a good deal??? Empty Was this a good deal???

Post by arandy Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:21 am

An Orange Border Mathewson ended tonight on ebay. Does anybody know if this went for a good price or not? Here is the LINK. Thanks

-Randy

Was this a good deal??? 6cab_110
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Was this a good deal??? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Was this a good deal??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Was this a good deal??? Empty Re: Was this a good deal???

Post by slidekellyslide Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:56 am

That's probably about where it should be for that condition. Very hard to find "card" where you can't afford to wait until the next one. I would never pay that much, but then again I don't collect that set.

Last edited by slidekellyslide on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Was this a good deal??? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Was this a good deal??? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.freewebs.com/nebraskadiamonds/

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:05 am

I agree with Dan. Due to the condition ended about where it should have. Maybe even a bit higher than I would have guessed.
Those orange bordered cards sure are tough though.

Tony A.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Was this a good deal??? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Was this a good deal??? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:07 am

ugh that's one ugly (generously labeled as) "card". i was never fond of cardboard cut-outs. were the orange borders meant to be collectible? i'm glad everyone has different taste because that $5xx could've gone toward competing with stuff i want.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Was this a good deal??? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Was this a good deal??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:22 am

Never been a fan either, I don't care how tough they are. There's good looking rare stuff too.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Was this a good deal??? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Was this a good deal??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:13 pm

I was following the auction and have an interest in the Orange Border set. Tough card for sure, but given the condition I didn't think it was a great deal. I agree with Dan, it went for about what it should have, perhaps even on the high side.

Do you guys remember that other OB Matty that was kept getting relisted ebay a few years ago...trimmed right to the frame of the image, and two pinholes. The seller had a heck of a time unloading that card and eventually settled for $300 or so (don't remember exactly). It was later recycled on another board's BST a number of times, and the response was tepid.

Bottom line is ugly cards like that are a tough sell, even rare ones. This one is nicer than the one a few years ago because it has most of the border still there, but let's not kid ourselves - it ain't winning a beauty contest any time soon yuck
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Was this a good deal??? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Was this a good deal??? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:46 pm

I think that was full retail, I bid $400 and would have put $600 on it at a show and taken $500. Dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Was this a good deal??? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Was this a good deal??? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down