Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog

+3
bowlingshoeguy
sabrjay
Sixtofan
7 posters

Go down

A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Empty A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog

Post by Sixtofan Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:01 pm

I am sure some have already seen this but it is always good to remember another reason why it is important to act like a human being - even on the internet - others might find out

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/iteam/

Sixtofan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Empty Re: A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog

Post by sabrjay Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:41 pm

All aboard the Dorskind Train Wreck. insane Can't say I miss him.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Empty Re: A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:47 pm

Some has to be the conductor to make the train run. Do we need a crazy guy on the board do make it better. Question I say NO!!! I like this board just fine.

All aboard the Full Count Train with no asylum car allowed, only a bunny car!!!!!! bunny

Lee bunny bunny bunny

Edited to add this might be a good time again to try to get people you not that are not members to check us out.
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

I've been reading his posts for years now and I still can't tell if he is seriously as odd as he appears or is all a show on the boards. Sort of his online personae. I can't imagine he is really as out there as he appears and yet can still manage a very professional career outside the hobby. I'm not trying to rip into him or make fun of here, but do any of you actually know what his deal is?

Andy
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:59 am

Andy, The guy is truly out there. I got an unsolicited nasty email from the guy and I am not the only one. THe guy has serious problems. I too do not know how he keeps up his business, for all we know all the cards he sells were bought years ago. I know that one fellow on Net 54 had a card on his "toughest want list" and never got a response from him, he also recently listed a bunch of cards that must have been overpriced because he didn't sell any but did do a nice play by play for 3 days about nothing. I don't know how you can be proud of being made fun of as much as he does but I guess he gets some attention instead of non at all.

That's my rant on hte crazy guy,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:35 am

I was one of the first, if not the first person he attacked via personal emails on net54. It ultimately ended with an email from him threatening to hiring someone to kill me. He truly is off the deep end and saves his really nasty and vile stuff for off forum emails so that he can maintain the illusion that he isn't a total nut job and bad guy.

As Lee pointed out, several people have offered him cards on his most wanted list and he never responded back to them with so much as an email showing interest. The few instances I know of where he made offers on cards, the offers were those of someone trying to buy cards from a party that didn't know what they had.

he's had the Boston Garter panel for a long time. Until he ponies up money for something new and impressive, he'll be nothing but a blowhard.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:07 am

Whilst we have never met Mr. Dorskind(s), we do realize his posts and demeanor seem quite odd at times.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:24 am

Thanks a lot. I tend to give people a lot of slack when it comes to coming to judgement, so I've continued to give him a chance of maybe just doing it all for the attention and figured he must be fairly professional personae as well. Maybe he is as far out he seems. The nasty personal emails seals it for me, he's not getting any public attention with those, so he's just koo-koo for cocoa puffs.

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Bruce is odd...but that's about it. I find it amazing he actually sends out threatening emails to people (I believe it, just find it amazing). Looking at the video that was on net54 of Bruce showing off a couple of his things, he should hardly be making threats..so I think some of that is just an act. I've had one dealing with him...it went fine. He bought something from me although it dragged on for about a week before I could get him to send payment and then he wanted the card shipped his way, which was fine. I've talked to him on the phone and he didn't pull the "we" stuff on the phone anyway. His stance on cards come first and you shouldn't have a family to have a world class collection is another thing that seems to be an attention getter to me. My bet is Bruce just never found the woman he could relate to in order to actually settle down so he falls back on the "cards first, family last" slogan.
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:26 pm

I once posted on one of his threads on Net54 asking if he cared about anything else besides money......

He sent me an email within 15 minutes stating:

"Absolutely not.

We are totally focused on our business, our collection and our life.

We don't give to charity We live alone and always will.
We come and go as we please. No one tells what do or where
to go or for that matter, what to collect.

The perfect life, indeed."
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100A reminder of why civility is important - NY Daily News blog Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down