Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site has so much to Offer

+4
glenv
fisherboy7
ItsOnlyGil
bowlingshoeguy
8 posters

Go down

This site has so much to Offer Empty This site has so much to Offer

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:38 pm

I know many of us check out other Vintage Card forums, but this one definitely has many more useful features.
One that stands out for me right now is private messaging with notice to your email. I currently have some items listed on this board and another. I have a person interested on the other board for some of my items. The email attached bounced back, my only recourse know is to respond to the thread. It has been 3 days and no response. This is frustrating when We have wonderful features like private messaging, email notice if a response is made to a thread you are interested.

I also like the like the feature that allows you to see only threads that have had responses since your last visit.

By the way, I list all my BST's here first before I list them on Net 54. Sometimes at a lesser rate just as a little perk to those that check the site out.

Thanks for finding the site Ben,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

This site has so much to Offer Empty Re: This site has so much to Offer

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:28 pm

Agreed. There is much to like about this Forum.
My favorite is the lack of controversy (so far), and the scarcity of off topic posts.

but

I wish that there was more sharing of our research, speculation, strategy, etc.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:54 pm

That's nice to hear Lee. Thanks. The features on Full Count are useful for sure, but what makes the site great is the membership and their participation. I know we have alot more lurkers than posters, which is to be expected. But hopefully they decide to chime in on our vintage card discussions more and more in the future. Granted, we don't have nearly the membership numbers of other forums, but I'd say we've done well considering Full Count is just under a year old.

Keep it up fellas. One thing we can guarantee is that Full Count will always remain collector friendly, unaligned, and free of advertising. With all the mudslinging going on around the web these days (political and otherwise), it's nice to have our little safe haven here to talk about vintage cards and the hobby. righton
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:40 pm

I think this board is extremely well set up and has many wonderful features. Also, as mentioned above, the posts are good and problems rare. That being said, I don't know if multiple boards is a good thing. It seems like the more people to respond to posts, the better - splitting the knowledge is not a benefit to the hobby.

Anyway to get everyone together and to get more people posting (with less posts that have nothing to do with the hobby)??? I guess that would be like asking for world peace...

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

This site has so much to Offer Empty Yes...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:44 pm

i have been on since the start and i still have not gone thru everything this board has to offer. The free games are pretty cool!!!!!

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Ideally, one board would be best but many of us have serious philosophical differences with the way other boards are run. That is why myself and some others set out to start up a new board. There is certainly room for two different boards and there is no issue as far as Ben and I are concerned with people visiting and using both boards. Hell, even I use the net54 BST, but like my brother, I offer the cards here first and usually at a lower price than I offer them on net54.

As had been mentioned in other threads, our size and activity level is about what net54 was about 6 years ago, without all the craziness banana hump So we are doing just fine and will continue our steady growth.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:51 am

Square_Frame_Ramly wrote:The free games are pretty cool!!!!!

I agree, the games here are awesome!!! Even though I can't beat the 1st level of alpha attack. Very Happy

-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:08 am

lee for a minute there i thought u were gonna give us a heads-up on a new board u've visited righton
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Quan, coming from a guy who has a shiny new card as your avatar, a stranger might think you are on the wrong board. That's sacrilege for a vintage collector. wave

Lee Laughing
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:42 am

lee funny u mention my avatar (which was meant to be new collector-friendly bunny ), i thought the avatar u have now is pretty cool.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:45 am

A few new features were added to the forum today. Towards the bottom of the forum, just above the "who's online" section, you'll see the following three tabs:

Today active topics • Top 20 today posters • Top 20 overall posters

Some people were requesting a "today" sorting option a while ago, now we have it!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
This site has so much to Offer Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100This site has so much to Offer Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

This site has so much to Offer Empty Nice....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:40 pm

Ben, is there any way to make the letters BOLD like you have it in this thread. I go to main page and i was just thinking it would stand out better if they were BOLD. Just a thought.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Square_Frame_Ramly wrote:Ben, is there any way to make the letters BOLD like you have it in this thread. I go to main page and i was just thinking it would stand out better if they were BOLD. Just a thought.

That feature is written into the forum software, so I'm not able to fiddle around with it unfortunately.

not good
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down