Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK...Pariots and Giants...

4 posters

Go down

OK...Pariots and Giants... Empty OK...Pariots and Giants...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:02 pm

Will the Pats go undefeated?

My vote is YES...

Score: Patriots 35
Giants 21

Mark bananarama
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
OK...Pariots and Giants... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100OK...Pariots and Giants... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

OK...Pariots and Giants... Empty Re: OK...Pariots and Giants...

Post by scott elkins Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:48 pm

Being an avid FB fan, I think the Pats WILL beat the Giants (Giants will probably be resting players to get healthy). However, I don't think the Pats will go undefeated the entire season. The teams that can beat them in the AFC during the Playoffs would be either the Jags or Colts. If they do make it past these teams and to the Super Bowl, being a Cowboys fan since I was four years old, I have to say Dallas will excercise revenge on the Pats in the Big One (but, I believe it will be Dallas and the Colts in the Super Bowl instead). I know Mark didn't want to hear my predictions, with him being a Pats fan - he will probably do this to me mallet .

The BIG KEYS to the Playoffs will be the return of Harrison for the Colts and the return of Terry Glenn for the Cowboys. I believe that these two teams are great teams without these great receivers and the additions of these receivers in the Playoffs will simply add more threats to already explosive offenses! bow

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
OK...Pariots and Giants... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100OK...Pariots and Giants... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

OK...Pariots and Giants... Empty I was...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:29 pm

just a little bit off on the score but correct about the outcome. Great game, it was a exciting game. Giants really tried to win, i think they played very well. Pats defense came up strong after the coach gave them a good talking to.

I believe they will go all the way to the super bowl and win.

My guess....

Patriots and Dallas.

Pats---45

Dallas--28

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
OK...Pariots and Giants... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100OK...Pariots and Giants... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:28 pm

After being embarrassed at home by the Pats, the Cowboys Defense would have something to prove in the Super Bowl (assuming both teams make it) :beback: . Here is my prediction, should they meet again in the Super Bowl:
Dallas - 38
Pats - 20

The Eagles drew up the blueprint for stopping the Pats and it seems every team since that game has had degrees of success against the Pats offense.

I doubt it would happen. However, if I was Dallas' head coach, I would put TO in on defense against Moss on third downs and double Welker (putting a LB in front of him at the line to knock him on his rear drool ). This, combined with a HUGE BLITZ would definitely stop the Pats from converting. mallet

The Pats are definitely an elite team and ANY team to beat them will have to play flawless FB for FOUR QTRS.! They are such an explosive team that NO TEAM can simply set on a double digit lead with them (as the Giants tried to do last night). The key to beating the Pats is on OFFENSE. You simply have to play every series as if you HAVE to score to win the game and NOT settle for three and outs. You also have to score TD's every time you have the ball to put some pressure on their offense for a change (instead of the other way around). IF the Pats do fall in the postseason, whoever the team is that beats them will score a HUGE amount of points in doing so (b/c that is the ONLY way). From what I have seen, there are three teams with a physical defense and an offense capable of scoring enough points to beat the Pats - the Jaguars, Colts and Cowboys (maybe even the Packers, but they are not as good as these teams mentioned).

The Eagles and Ravens had the defenses to win against the Pats. Unfortunately for them, they didn't have the offensive firepower to score the points needed. righton

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
OK...Pariots and Giants... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100OK...Pariots and Giants... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:32 pm

The only thing that will stop the Pats is themselves and major injuries.

It cracked up during this run towards the end when all the pundits were saying that the Pats should not try for the perfect season and protect their starters for the playoffs. While this may be good advice for teams that haven't won it all before, the Pats have a few SB titles already, so all they really have left to complish to prove the greatness of their dynasty was to put up a perfect season. Even as great as some of the 49ers teams were, they never really got close to a perfect season.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
OK...Pariots and Giants... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100OK...Pariots and Giants... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:56 pm

Jay, the Pats can be stopped (TO A CERTAIN EXTENT). Again, the way to beat them is to keep scoring points EVERY time you get the ball. Teams have proved the Pats. can be "slown down" - they just didn't have the offenses to score enough points to seal the deal. Suspect snooze

Remember, even though they went undefeated and beat the Colts (without Harrison btw), the Colts ARE stille the reigning Super Bowl Champs and now have Harrison back! Plus, Jacksonville has looked like a machine the last several games of the season. Then, if they make it by these two pitfalls, they will have Dallas (more than likely) in the Super Bowl. TO, Romo and Company will certainly try to prove something in the big spotlight of the Super Bowl. Their Egos are simply too big. Plus, they will have something to prove after giving up a 3rd qtr. lead on the Pats, then being blown out at HOME earlier in the year!

Personally, I think the Super Bowl will be Dallas and the Colts. Dallas - 38, Colts - 24.

Let's hear others' predictions for the two teams in the BIG GAME and the FINAL SCORE! bounce

I remember when the Broncos were 14 pt. underdogs to the Packers and won their first Super Bowl with Elway, I predicted the score on that one exactly! I figured the Broncos would win by 7 and both teams would kick a FG and then predicted the EXACT SCORE! beer It was one of those GUT FEELINGS you simply knew was going to happen (too bad I haven't had many since - except that the Gators would beat Ohio State last year in the College Championship game). Too bad I wasn't in Vegas when the Broncos won the SB over the Pats - wonder what the odds would have been against someone picking the exact score question (I did max out all my bets on the Broncos plus 14 however and won a few grand), but I could have won enough to buy a Ty Cobb back with a hundred dollar bet on the EXACT SCORE! pale

I know we are all guessing now, as there could be a Tampa vs. Pitts. Super Bowl and we could ALL be wrong, but it is only fun. I do get serious after I know the two teams playing in the Super Bowl however. Ever since I started betting on FB in 1990, I picked every Super Bowl winner by the Point Spread except the Falcons (when Elway and the Broncs beat them) - I bet with my heart and was for the Falcons, since their coach had lost with Denver in the Super Bowls and had a Heart Attack before the Super Bowl on that one. Then, there was the one that ended up in a tie or push by the point spread - the TN Titans were getting 7 points against the Rams and the Rams won by 7 (The Titans missed overtime by 1 foot and a couple of seconds on the clock!), which would have locked the game for them against the spread (win or lose).

In fact, this is the only year I haven't bet on one single game in College and Pro FB - I wish I could have, but it is too much trouble trying to get your money from these offshore accounts with the Govt. cracking down on things. Use to be, you could have the money you won wired to your bank account (and buy cards with it). Starting last playoffs, the only way you could get it was to go to Western Union. Then, there was such a "buzz" about new laws to be passed against internet gambling that I cashed in my account the week before the Super Bowl (which I would have won more $ with the Colts had I not been worried if I would even get my winnings). angry

Well, time to go watch my Cowboys and the Redskins (always a great game to watch, one where you can throw the records out!). I only hope Dallas plays to win, even though the game is meaningless for them and Washington MUST WIN! No

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:01 pm

Jay, I thought the 84 Niners came close to a perfect season - losing in the 13th game or so of the year against the Big Tuna and the Giants????? I remember (being a Cowboys fan) rooting SO HARD against them that year!

Of course, you can guess that my most hated teams are the 49'ers, Redskins and Steelers (in that order), since I am a Cowboys fan. In fact, I remember watching Bradshaw scratch out slim victories against the Cowboys in two Super Bowls in the 70's. Although I was young, my lifelong goal was to see Dallas beat Pitts. in a Super Bowl (which they DID in the 90's). Also, I remember "The Catch" and CRYING MYSELF TO SLEEP THAT NIGHT! puke I hated the 49'ers ever since that game. Then, of all teams that messed Dallas' bid for four straight Super Bowls up in the 90's was SF again! lol2

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:48 pm

At least that catch was legit, unlike the 1978 NFC championship game, MN v Dal, where Drew Pearson(?) got away with offensive pass interference to catch the winning touchdown in that game. That blown call led to the official getting hit in the head with a whiskey bottle thrown by a fan. If you haven't guessed, I hate the Cowboys. They are in the same club as the LA Lakers, Celtics and Yankees.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
OK...Pariots and Giants... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100OK...Pariots and Giants... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:37 am

The Giants now know that they can beat the Patriots.
So, Im looking for big things from them now.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
OK...Pariots and Giants... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100OK...Pariots and Giants... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:06 pm

This is now the big one for the Giants.
Nothing against Tampa Bay,
but Garcia has recently beaten them twice before.
In 2003 when with SF,
then again, 2006 with Phila.
Will they allow his continued mastery ?
Not if they are going anywhere.
A good longshot bet, for a betting man!
What are the odds right now against NY taking it all? 500:1 ?

Edited to add: NY just scored again and are now up 14 - 7
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
OK...Pariots and Giants... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100OK...Pariots and Giants... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down