Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking forward to posting here!

+2
fisherboy7
BigGuy219
6 posters

Go down

Looking forward to posting here! Empty Looking forward to posting here!

Post by BigGuy219 Fri May 30, 2008 3:28 am

I was over at baseball-reference.com and I saw an ad for this website on one of the player pages. My name is Chris and I'm from Long Island, New York. I have been collecting vintage cards since I was 10, and pre-war cards for about 8 years now. It is a very lonely hobby and when at a show I am usually the only one who spends any period of time with the one or two pre-war dealers who set up. I've been active member of Beckett's message board for some time, but those people seem more interested in Bowman Chrome and have absoloutely no idea who any of the players and sets talked about here are.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in the process of scanning my pre-war collection. I kook forward to some good discussions here about the cards and players we're all so passionate about. Very Happy
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Looking forward to posting here! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Looking forward to posting here! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Looking forward to posting here! Empty Re: Looking forward to posting here!

Post by fisherboy7 Fri May 30, 2008 4:11 am

Welcome to the forum, Chris. Nice intro, sounds like you have alot in common with many of our members. We (yes, plural) look forward to reading your posts! Make yourself comfortable, it's a friendly bunch here. If you have any questions as you get acquainted with the forum, please don't be shy.

One quick question for you: what's your favorite set Question
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Looking forward to posting here! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Looking forward to posting here! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri May 30, 2008 4:19 am

Welcome aboard Chris. You will fit in just fine, typo's are a part of this board unless you were referring to wave kook insane as my brother Jay than I guess it isn't a typo.

I think you will find that someone here knows something about all the sets. I have been active in the pre WWII cards since the late 80's and I still see stuff I never reliazed existed. Thank goodness I am not fond of B & W cards, I spend enough on the colored ones.

Once again, Welcome aboard,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Looking forward to posting here! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Looking forward to posting here! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Fri May 30, 2008 4:32 am

fisherboy7 wrote:Welcome to the forum, Chris. Nice intro, sounds like you have alot in common with many of our members. We (yes, plural) look forward to reading your posts! Make yourself comfortable, it's a friendly bunch here. If you have any questions as you get acquainted with the forum, please don't be shy.

One quick question for you: what's your favorite set Question

My favorite set is the T201 set. I got started on these back in 2001. I purchased a lot of eight cards because I was collecting Nap Lajoie at the time and he was the key card in the lot. I've added a few more since then, including the Cobb/Crawford and the Mathewson. I hope to be half done with the set by year's end. Smile
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Looking forward to posting here! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Looking forward to posting here! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Fri May 30, 2008 6:03 am

Welcome Aboard Chris, I think you will enjoy this board as it is very friendly with some very knowledgable (sp.) collectors. We all share a great passion for our little treasures.

I like T201's also. I remember the first time I saw a T201 , it was at a little hotel show in the 80's. I was collecting 50's cards at the time and when I saw it , I had to have it. I still have it to this day, 25yrs later.

Anyway, Hope this forum adds a little knowledge and mainly Fun to your collecting endevors.

All the best
Jerry

Here's the T201 I found at the little Hotel Show. Yeah, I had it graded a couple years ago. I guess I'm a slabhead. We should have a slabhead smiley.
Looking forward to posting here! Sgclajoie
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Looking forward to posting here! Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Looking forward to posting here! Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Looking forward to posting here! Empty Yes...welcome aboard

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri May 30, 2008 9:37 am

Let us know how you like the format of the board. Lots of things to learn but i am sure you will get used to it. wave

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Looking forward to posting here! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Looking forward to posting here! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Fri May 30, 2008 12:39 pm

Welcome Chris. beer

Regards, Tony Andrea
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Looking forward to posting here! Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Looking forward to posting here! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down