Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show a card you would trade

+22
lamontcarter
v117collector
zouraspm
mwieder
cccc
Bicem
Sixtofan
onlychild
bowlingshoeguy
the-illini
psacollector
hanksta
asphaltman76
crazylocomerk
Jacklitsch
cmoking
3-2-count
sabrjay
yawie99
fisherboy7
bobbvc
TheBig6
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Show a card you would trade Empty Show a card you would trade

Post by TheBig6 Tue May 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Show a card from your collection worth say 250.00 or above that you would trade if the right deal came along.

May spur a trade or 2

Here's mine,

Show a card you would trade Collins
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Show a card you would trade Empty Show a card you would trade.

Post by bobbvc Tue May 06, 2008 10:39 pm

I'll put this one up....

Show a card you would trade 2386149362_2a22f21201_o

bobbvc
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show a card you would trade Empty Re: Show a card you would trade

Post by fisherboy7 Tue May 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Great idea for a thread Jerry!

Here's one I could trade if the right deal came along...

Show a card you would trade T213lajoie
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Tue May 06, 2008 11:56 pm

Heck, just about everything I have is fair game. But I'll post something not currently in my FS/FT folder:

Show a card you would trade 1909-11%20E90-1%20Oakes%20-%20SGC%2050
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed May 07, 2008 1:11 am

Almost anything in my collection is fair game except my m101-5 Thorpe, e92 nadja Oakes, red border Colgan Speaker and my Delongs. Many of my cards can be seen here

my cards

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Wed May 07, 2008 1:24 am

No longer available.
Thx, Tony

Last edited by 3-2-count on Sat May 10, 2008 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Wed May 07, 2008 1:28 am

Show a card you would trade E93JossAddiePSA4

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacklitsch Wed May 07, 2008 1:35 am

Show a card you would trade JacklitschE92
Jacklitsch
Jacklitsch
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed May 07, 2008 2:16 am

I would trade any of my T206's or my T207 Napoleon Backs.

But the most valuable card in my collection is my Jack O'Connor E107, and I would trade this away for the right deal. There are only 5 total graded between SGC and PSA, and this one is the highest graded....ever.

Show a card you would trade 1903E107JackOConnorBreischWilliams
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Wed May 07, 2008 9:34 am

Show a card you would trade T210bonnof
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Kind of sad, but my collecting has been so focused this is all I have right now (the Van Buren).

Show a card you would trade Scan0001
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed May 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Some really nice cards being shown in this thread so far.

I wanted to ask...

How do you guys feel about trading in general? For me, I really enjoy it as it's fun to pickup cards without forking out the $$, especially when both parties are getting cards they want and enjoy. However it seems like many are reluctant to trade these days and would prefer just to buy. Personally, I used to do alot more trading than I do now - is it just me, or is trading becoming a lost art?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Wed May 07, 2008 6:02 pm

Trading is much harder that simply purchasing cards. It is hard enough for a buyer and a seller to come to terms about the value of a card. But it is much harder to come up with relative value for several cards involved in a trade.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed May 07, 2008 6:38 pm

psacollector wrote:Trading is much harder that simply purchasing cards. It is hard enough for a buyer and a seller to come to terms about the value of a card. But it is much harder to come up with relative value for several cards involved in a trade.

Wes, this is completely true. But to some extent I think $ value matching can be part of the problem as well. Obviously both parties in the trade want to get equal value for their cards - but when one insists on getting near-exact value match amongst the cards involved, that can really slow a trade negotiation down to a halt. I guess part of the issue is that card values aren't etched in stone. So both parties might view the values of their cards quite differently when discussing a potential trade.

It might be a good thing to ease up expectations regarding dollar value matching and judge a trade simply by whether you're getting a card you want/need more than the one you're giving up. And if both traders feel the same way, then you've got a nice easy trade worked out. Values would of course factor in as well, but wouldn't be the predominating factor. Perhaps I'm being too idealistic, although this approach has worked well for me in the past.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Wed May 07, 2008 7:18 pm

I would think with the way the economy is right now that there has to be an increase in straight up trades at some point. If things keep going south eventually it will become alot easier to trade some cards you've had for a while for something new and exciting...at least easier than writing out a $2000 check for something Rolling Eyes
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed May 07, 2008 8:17 pm

One of the things that slows up many trades is the people want to trade for a desirable card and want to trade more common cards at an equal dollar value. Example, I've had trade offers for my m101-5 Thorpe. I've been offer the approximate value of what I felt the card was worth, but the offer was in t206s, t205s, Goudeys, etc. There is no way I would ever trade that card or any other highly desirable or rare card for equal value of a bunch readily available cards and many others are the same way. Cash is easy to get for any card. Finding the right cards to trade for a rare or highly desirable card be difficult if you don't have some something comparable to trade for it.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Wed May 07, 2008 8:51 pm

I love to trade, the problem is I want to trade for cards I actually want, not just for the sake of a trade. Although there are some very interesting cards in this thread, I have little interest in any of them, it's not even about the value-matching yet. I'm sure many others feel the same way.

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Wed May 07, 2008 8:52 pm

asphaltman76 wrote:I would think with the way the economy is right now that there has to be an increase in straight up trades at some point. If things keep going south eventually it will become alot easier to trade some cards you've had for a while for something new and exciting...at least easier than writing out a $2000 check for something Rolling Eyes

Based on Mastro, Heritage and REA, it doesn't seem like the economy has hurt card collectors very much.

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Wed May 07, 2008 8:52 pm

Jay is exactly right.

I've done a few trades, most went off fine with just a little back and forth, but I had one that was a month long process, but in the end we both got what we wanted and felt good.

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the-illini Wed May 07, 2008 9:23 pm

anything except the burkett, anson, and yum yum Welch is available for trade potentially! take a look and email me if there is anything u like...

www.imageevent.com/crb972
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Thu May 08, 2008 12:24 am

Definitely harder to hammer out trades, but also much more satisfying. For me, it's not just the difficulty of agreeing on market values but also factoring in what the cards cost me. $100 cash is pretty much just $100, but I might have $40 into some hundred dollar cards and $150 into others. It just adds another layer of complexity - and I'm slow enough of a swapper to begin with.

That said, I might have to rely on trades for the foreseeable future. Once I pay my REA bill, the balance of my savings account is about to fund a massive home overhaul. So click here and let's make a deal.

Obligatory bunny for my daughter: bunny
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu May 08, 2008 2:37 am

I have done quite a bit of trading with a few people including Ben, still have 2 of the cards I can remember. I also have done a fair number of trades withe Bill Brown, the funny thing with our first trade is that we both want the some of the cards from our original trade back. I think we have swap a few back but both really like the other cards.

Here one for those interested:

Show a card you would trade T206sp12

Show a card you would trade T3matt10

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Sat May 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Show a card you would trade Blank_10
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat May 10, 2008 9:40 pm

That's a really nice Wagner. Too bad the image is so faint cyclops

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Show a card you would trade Empty Trading

Post by Sixtofan Mon May 19, 2008 12:43 am

I have had a lot of luck with trades, probably because I don't always match value for value. I have often said - you can make up the difference next time and had many people say that to me. Of course, it only works if you know who you are dealing with.

Sixtofan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Show a card you would trade Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show a card you would trade Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next