Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early reprints

3 posters

Go down

Early reprints Empty Early reprints

Post by sabrjay Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:19 pm

It really is getting stupid the number of auctions for "early reprins" on eBay. I've been in this hobby a very long time and repints were almost nonexistant until around the mid80s. I really wish eBay would require sellers to put "reprint" in their auction titles. This would really reduce the amount of people being deceived and would allow for easier reporting of illegal listings and filtering out the crapp that 99.9% of us don't want to see.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Early reprints Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Early reprints Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Early reprints Empty Re: Early reprints

Post by scott elkins Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:50 pm

You are correct Jay. About the only reprints that existed before the 80's were the realistic looking PIEDMONT backed T206's Wagners mostly, that Gelman had some of the Bowman printers to make for him in the 1950's (which he gave several of his friends to fill the Wagner void in their T206 sets - and a few have been passed off in recent years as being real).

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Early reprints Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Early reprints Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Early reprints Empty Repro's & Reprints

Post by Ken Eccles Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:34 am

History as to Collecting has and will damage this hobby. The greater the value, the greater the Con's.Years back on the original Full Count, I mentioned that father use to buy old printing company's in the Midwest for their inventory, plus the many old rooms filled with old card stock paper. We left it because we had no use for it. But I wonder if it did to a few others after seeing the price of a few cards in the past decade? Early reprints 1950srepromy2Early reprints Dougallen200020012ls0

Ken Eccles
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Early reprints Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Early reprints Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Early reprints Empty Re: Early reprints

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down