Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impression of REA closing prices

3 posters

Go down

Impression of REA closing prices Empty Impression of REA closing prices

Post by sabrjay Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:44 pm

After going through the auction here some random thoughts:

That 1914 CJ Cobb is sweet looking but I'd much rather have the t204 Johnson for $40k less.

Kind of figured the "McGreachy" card would hit six figures.

If I had the money, I would have upped the bid on the K-Bat Lyons

Surprised the Police Gazette Ward didn't hit five figures. Another one I'd have bid up with I had the cash. Especially since it made it's debut here.

Thought $40k was strong for the FBH Van Haltren

Haven't looked at everything, but this is my initial impressions
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Impression of REA closing prices Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Impression of REA closing prices Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Impression of REA closing prices Empty Re: Impression of REA closing prices

Post by ullmandds Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:06 pm

any thoughts on the sinking REd Cross Lowdy?????

Most of the bigger cards the prices were not surprising. Some of the miscut T206's sold for stoopid prices...and the McGreachy shocked me a little as I know nothing about 19th c.

Some of the e sets seemed to go kinda cheap...yet some of the mid grade caramels of HOF'ers seemed to sell pretty strong.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Impression of REA closing prices Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Impression of REA closing prices Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:49 pm

I forgot to check Rowdy Lowdy. I'm shocked at the sinking price. I might be able to afford it if this keeps up.

To me, this is one of the great cards of the hobby. But then again, I'm old school, so what do I know anymore.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Impression of REA closing prices Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Impression of REA closing prices Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:31 am

I was very heartened to see the fully-graded T206 near-set go for $85,000. Also liked what the 50's Topps sets and near-sets were going for. It feels to me like there's a bit of recovery going on in values, overall, but my eye is not as trained or as experienced as many on this board. Did you all take that away from these results?
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Impression of REA closing prices Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Impression of REA closing prices Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down