Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Online Display of my Collection

+4
cccc
seablaster
jbonie
Bosox Blair
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Online Display of my Collection Empty New Online Display of my Collection

Post by Bosox Blair Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00 am

Hi Folks,

Some of you may have viewed some scans from my collection on my Photobucket page in the past.  If so, thanks for your interest!

After some frustrating struggles with format, etc, I decided to abandon Photobucket in favor of www.collectorfocus.com

(Both of these are free services, and I have always refused to pay for image hosting.)

I'm very pleased with Collector Focus so far, and managed to upload a good chunk of the collection pretty quickly (still lots to add though).  So I thought you might like to know about this site as an option.  And also, if you want to check out what I have so far, feel free to click the new link in my signature below.
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

New Online Display of my Collection Empty Re: New Online Display of my Collection

Post by jbonie Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Hey Blair, that's cool. Thanks for showing off your cards.

Personally, I think I am sticking with photobucket. They have the slideshow that I enjoy using, which gives the cards a black background. There is also the option of using SGC's site. But that will only help for SGC graded cards, of course.

I forgot you had that OJ Irwin portrait. Neat card.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

New Online Display of my Collection Empty Re: New Online Display of my Collection

Post by Bosox Blair Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:31 pm

jbonie wrote:Hey Blair, that's cool.  Thanks for showing off your cards.

Personally, I think I am sticking with photobucket.  They have the slideshow that I enjoy using, which gives the cards a black background.  There is also the option of using SGC's site.  But that will only help for SGC graded cards, of course.

I forgot you had that OJ Irwin portrait.  Neat card.
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for checking it out!

When I started with Photobucket I was pretty happy, but then they did some kind of "upgrade" that caused all my folders and sub-folders to get completely scrambled. Also caused the visual presentation of my "page" to go haywire. I was really choked, and just decided to abandon it. Hadn't gone on there in maybe 2 years...

Much happier and calmer now! yes 
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:28 pm

I think they've gotten Photobucket sorted out now... granted, I haven't got many cards, so it is less of an issue for me. But I do keep them in folders, and it seems to work fine. But the system can be a bit touchy - sometimes, to change the settings, I have to click on the button twice. But I could never give up the slideshow.

Nevertheless, Collector Focus is also cool because it was started by people in the hobby. So, anyone who has started something like that to help regular collectors deserves an applause.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:39 am

What an impressive grouping of cards.  Well done Blair.

I was interested in the Boston Stores which I know are brutal from the limited time I spent collecting them.

I noticed some gems in there...the T207 Bushelman, Novelty Cutlery Speaker, E92s of Wagner, Bridwell, and Seigle.  I was glad to see a C46 McGinnity as I was curious about this card.

Just curious as to what your feelings were for M101-4/5 as I didn't see any.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:44 am

seablaster wrote:What an impressive grouping of cards.  Well done Blair.

I was interested in the Boston Stores which I know are brutal from the limited time I spent collecting them.

I noticed some gems in there...the T207 Bushelman, Novelty Cutlery Speaker, E92s of Wagner, Bridwell, and Seigle.  I was glad to see a C46 McGinnity as I was curious about this card.

Thanks for checking those out!

I do have some M101-4/5 cards (and related), but I have not uploaded them yet. Sadly, no Ruth...but one I really love is my Hooper with Herpolsheimer back in SGC 84. Also a few blank backs, a Globe, a Weil or two. None of the super-rare backs though.

Cheers,
Blair
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:59 am

you need a ruth in a boston uni blair, cherry on top of the collection!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:11 am

cccc wrote:you need a ruth in a boston uni blair, cherry on top of the collection!
Man, don't I know it...kick myself all the time that years ago I was: (a) more concerned with "rarity" than popularity, so I spent my money on things like T206 Kleinow rather than Ruth, and (b) still hurting from the Curse of the Bambino so didn't want a Ruth...very big mistake...
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:09 am

seablaster wrote:
Just uploaded what I have of these (and related issues). Nothing too amazing there...some assorted Bosox ones, and my F&B Dave Bancroft is in the Non-Bosox Type Cards of HOFs folder.

Enjoy and thanks again for looking!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Very nice Blair...I love your collection! You def need a boston ruth...best start lookin'!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Finding a ruth in boston uni isn't the problem...it's the boston caption!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:01 pm

ullmandds wrote:Finding a ruth in boston uni isn't the problem...it's the boston caption!!!!!
Yes - that is my problem!!! pale 
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:37 pm

are they out of pens and pencils up north? i see team name changes and positions applied to prewar cards all the time, old school collecting!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:08 pm

I suspect one of Pete's ancestors had something to do with this.

New Online Display of my Collection Johnson
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Bosox Blair wrote:
cccc wrote:you need a ruth in a boston uni blair, cherry on top of the collection!
Man, don't I know it...kick myself all the time that years ago I was: (a) more concerned with "rarity" than popularity, so I spent my money on things like T206 Kleinow rather than Ruth, and (b) still hurting from the Curse of the Bambino so didn't want a Ruth...very big mistake...
I can sympathize with this feeling. I had harbored a fleeting dream that I might acquire a low grade M101-4/5 Ruth at some point, but given the recent trend that is an impossibility.

One of my favorite poses of the CJ set is that fielding pose of Harry Hooper. I know the M101-4/5 pose is the same, but the B&W photo doesn't make it stand out as much as the bright red CJ background...and yours is an exquisite example. I think the pose is staged though because if I remember correctly, Hoop played right field with Spoke in center and Duffy Lewis in left. The M101-4/5 has assorted stuff to his right which wouldn't be the case if he was in right field. I enjoyed his story in GOTT; very introspective.

I also noticed the Jake Stahl cards Blair. I think he has a good grouping from multiple issues and I think the E90-1 was pretty tough, right? His T3 is a great card.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:52 pm

seablaster wrote:
I also noticed the Jake Stahl cards Blair.  I think he has a good grouping from multiple issues and I think the E90-1 was pretty tough, right?  His T3 is a great card.
Yes, the E90-1 was very tough...in fact I just got it this summer and it was the last Red Sox card I needed from that subset.  The other two that were very tough were Karger and Speaker.

Thanks for the comments on the CJ Hooper - that card is an amazing one to behold...color is incredible!!!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Your Speaker is the nicest one I've ever seen...I wish mine were that nice. What's your favorite card in your collection Blair? Favorite Speaker card?
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 pm

seablaster wrote:Your Speaker is the nicest one I've ever seen...I wish mine were that nice.  What's your favorite card in your collection Blair?  Favorite Speaker card?
Speaker is my favorite player from those teams, so I'm particularly partial to cards of him. I think the MINO Speaker edges out the others as a fave, maybe because I'm a rarity nerd and there are only a few of those known. The M131 is on a similar level of rarity, but I have a slight preference for the MINO. The Novelty Cutlery is up there too!

Excluding Speaker, I especially like the E94 purple Cicotte that was Lionel Carter's, the E97 Sullivans (both color and B&W), the Stahl T3, and the W600 Dinneen.

So many fun things to collect!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:10 am

Tris Speaker is incredibly underrated... probably the most underrated HOFer. I actually think Willie Mays is underrated, as well.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:34 am

jbonie wrote:Tris Speaker is incredibly underrated... probably the most underrated HOFer.  I actually think Willie Mays is underrated, as well.
Always an interesting discussion.  As far as Sox HOFers, I would have to think Jimmie Foxx.  I was looking at his stats the other day and i was impressed.  I don't hear much about him at any rate.  To die from choking to death too...mondo bizarro.

Last edited by seablaster on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:41 am

seablaster wrote:
jbonie wrote:Tris Speaker is incredibly underrated... probably the most underrated HOFer.  I actually think Willie Mays is underrated, as well.
Always an interesting discussion.  As far as Sox HOFers, I would have think to Jimmie Foxx.  I was looking at his stats the other day and i was impressed.  I don't hear much about him at any rate.  To die from choking to death too...mondo bizarro.
I like Foxx too...and I'm a big fan of his '37 O-Pee-Chee card (my fave of him in Bosox uni).
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:56 am

So his HOF plaque depicts him as a Red Sox...wasn't sure considering all the years he was in Philadelphia.

For the guys like me who weren't familiar with this card:

New Online Display of my Collection 8655-106Fr

I like his Heads-Up, although I hate DiMaggio's:

New Online Display of my Collection 12-249Fr

His traditional Goudeys are uninspired in my opinion.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:53 am

37 Opee-Chee are the best. A cross between Delongs and Batter-Ups.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
New Online Display of my Collection Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100New Online Display of my Collection Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:17 pm

With respect to the rest of the group, I've always admired Blair's Red Sox collection. His, and Jeff's Philadelphia A's collection, both played a role in my focusing on the old NY Giants for more than the past year.

I'm glad to finally be able to look at it in the same place.

I remember when you had it on the SGC registry in their image scroll, but I understand that feature will be lost when their new site launches.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:20 pm

BigGuy219 wrote:With respect to the rest of the group, I've always admired Blair's Red Sox collection. His, and Jeff's Philadelphia A's collection, both played a role in my focusing on the old NY Giants for more than the past year.

I'm glad to finally be able to look at it in the same place.

I remember when you had it on the SGC registry in their image scroll, but I understand that feature will be lost when their new site launches.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the nice comments - your Giants pickups have been tremendous too!

That is news to me about SGC...I was not keeping up on it 100% there. No real good reason, just didn't find the time I guess. So do you think the scans I have on the SGC Registry will be lost when their new site launches?
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next