Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?!

5 posters

Go down

David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Empty David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?!

Post by ullmandds Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:07 pm

I was watching some ball over the weekend and I couldn't help but notice how "skinny" David Ortiz looks these days. I know there were some steroid allegations thrown his way early on in the season but were dismissed as ridiculous by him and most fans?

What do you guys think?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Empty Re: David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?!

Post by pariah1107 Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:41 pm

From what I understand (which is very little), Ortiz began a diet before spring training 2012 where he dropped from 300 to 250, but it was because his cholesterol was dangerously high. Here's an article on some dietary restrictions:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7609437/the-skinny-boston-red-sox-dh-david-ortiz-diet

As for accusations of past steroid use, I have no opinion. Sounds like his weight loss is due to legitimate health concerns.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Empty Re: David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?!

Post by ullmandds Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Oh...thanks for posting that...so it's not a reverse type scenario like when Nomar Garciaparra returned from the off season touting his AWESOME new workout regimen accounting for his new found bulk?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:14 pm

There's no Red Sox fans on this board to get upset with your comments, Pete, but yeah, Nomah was a classic juicer, no doubt. Big Papi is a different story, and his numbers are legit, at least this year, imo.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:20 pm

“One, I have already contacted the players association to confirm if this [Mitchell] report is true. I have just been told that the report is true. Based on the way I have lived my life, I am surprised to learn I tested positive. Two, I will find out what I tested positive for. And, three, based on whatever I learn, I will share this information with my club and the public.”

In 2007, Ortiz said that he used to buy a protein shake in the Dominican Republic when he was younger, but that he no longer used it. He admitted he didn't know all of the shake's ingredients.

So there you have it. Protein shakes, mixed by, says OJ, the real killers.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:52 am

The proof is in the juice...the dominican connection is a recurring theme! I wonder if somehow Ben is involved in this?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:00 am

I'm a diehard Red Sox fan and I've never been comfortable with Ortiz and others just blowing off the accusations. In my mind, if he came up positive, he's just as guilty as all the others in MLB who've been caught juicing. Sox don't exactly have a great history when it comes to PED use.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100David Ortiz sure looks thin these days?! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down