Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards?

+3
Jim Rivera cfc1909
ItsOnlyGil
scott elkins
7 posters

Go down

Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Empty Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards?

Post by scott elkins Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:44 am

question scratch insane
If you check his "other items" on eBay, you will see that all his fakes are getting strong bids.????????

AUCTION LINK

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Empty Re: Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:52 pm

This seller has perfect feedback!
You can bid with confidence, and be assured that you will get a genuine fake.
Not one of those cheap imitations.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Empty Re: Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards?

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:52 pm

I noticed that Klienow fake and wondered the same thing. Some people have more $$ than brains.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:14 pm

Maybe there is a new market for these fakes. I see a lot of aged fakes on eBay that get several bids. The sellers that actually clearly state that they are fake and don't use the bullcrap lines about eBay rules and grandpa's attic seem to garner the best bids.

I think there are people out there that can't afford the real deal high class cards, and they don't mind paying a little bit to have a decently aged, beater of a reprint to put next to their other similarly beat up real cards.

Personally, I can't even think of owning some of the real cards of Honus, Matty, Cobb, etc (at least not at this time), so I can at least appreciate someone's desire to have a fake card just to represent these guys in their collection. I'm not ready to spend more than a couple bucks for one of these though, so needless to say, I haven't picked any of them up. Very Happy

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:54 pm

Hell, just one yourself. You get a fake card and you get to have some fun in the process too.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:17 pm

That's a great idea Jay, and it would be fun to mess around with. But where does one get a reprint that doesn't say reprint on it anywhere if not for these ones on eBay? Wink
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:43 pm

You make it. Just like Jay said. Well ..... almost said.

Its like "fill in the blanks, unscramble the words, and more" But you get no multiple choice answers to select from.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:34 am

Maybe there getting slipped in to Cracked PSA or SGC holders For that more realistic Scam
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:04 am

Gil,

You crack me up. Laughing

Jay did say to get one of your own and then age it to look like a beater though, not make the card itself from scratch. Now that would be sumtin'.

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:13 am

I secretly raid Jim Crandall's collection, crack out cards, crumple them up, soak them in tea and then bake them in oven.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Andy, I can understand your point - people buying fake or reprint cards of major HOF'ers, or even tough sets. Heather (my better half) collects cards with me - mostly T206's. When I was collecting D304's, she bought a reprint set from Fritsch.

However, these cards are mostly T206 commons people are bidding on. And, their bids are very close to what they could buy a real example for. I believe, at least on this seller's fakes, that people are believing they are real for some reason. Hopefully, if this is the case, these bidders will find this board (where they can ask questions and get a quick answer in the future), and will not be fooled again. Then again, t206head might be right - these might be con artists buying these cards for another reason! Shocked mallet

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:54 pm

I can't say that I understand high prices on t206 fakes, but cards like '52 Mantles are great if you bore two holes for the screws and a little rectangle in the middle, they make eye-catching switchplate covers.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by PeteBrowningFan Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:03 pm

I have reported these things so often my fingers hurt. I am so sick of people (albeit ignorant people) being taken advantage of by these theives. Initially, I could type in an explanation of my issue; I must be reporting things differently because I can no longer type in my vent/explanation.

PeteBrowningFan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why all the high bids on this seller's fake cards? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:45 pm

I use to do the same thing. However, any longer, it seems like the buyers are either buying these to try and cheat someone else or thinking they are getting a great deal (and when you tell them, they think you are jealous of their "deal"), so I quit e-mailing these people bidding. Most of the time, they are more crooked than the person selling the card it seems! flaming mad angry

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down