Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

arod scores...

3 posters

Go down

arod scores... Empty arod scores...

Post by cccc Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 pm

funny the guy gets pulled and immediately starts chatting up 2 girls in the front row. he's ready for the offseason the start.

on another note don't know why i still watch as i don't like any of the teams left. sf giants are insufferable, the cards have that smug attitude from the larussa days, yankees are the yankees. guess the tigers are the least of the evils. had hope maybe the o's or oak would've snuck in.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
arod scores... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100arod scores... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

arod scores... Empty Re: arod scores...

Post by LucasRiley Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:28 am

Well, I will freely admit how much I enjoy the NYY demise. I hate them and loathe them, and--when I'm not too busy playing golf--generally despise them. So their defeat via a sweep, for the first time since Jorge Brett's Royals dismissed them handily in '80, is quite lovely. And the failures of A-Rod: No words. I cannot verbally describe the joy I feel as that overpaid bee-yatch fails. It's wonderful. Not only was his 2011 post-season pathetic, but he is now poorly placed to reach the all-time HR number. This brand of double-failure, Yankee style, is wonderful to consider.

Sorry to rub it in, fellow members who happen to be Yankees fans. Nothing personal, but this is what you get when you root for the house in Vegas. '-)
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
arod scores... Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100arod scores... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 am

The A-Rod resigning would have been a complete disaster if it weren't for the 2009 WS victory. He is not a likeable fellow. 25mn a year isn't enough for him to pay attention to the game - and the playoffs, too. They played down the A-rod incident just because they don't want it to affect his trade value.

In other news, I think they need to find a new shortstop and move Jeter to left. Jeter is too old and with the bad ankle will have zero range.

People are over-dramaticizing things, however. If Jeter hadn't gotten injured, it would have been an entirely different series. Yanks could have won. The team fell apart without him on the field.

Still, I think it's time to rebuild.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:42 am

yankees re-up his contract at a premium thinking he would reach all these milestones with them. now he might not even have a starting job next year there.

yankees got old and sucky real fast. what the hell happened to teixeira? he shouldn't have declined that fast.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
arod scores... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100arod scores... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Teixeira needs better coaching, I think. His head is a little screwed up. NY is a tough place to play and he only signed there because his wife wanted to live in NYC. Otherwise, he was headed to Boston.

I wouldn't count A-Rod out yet. His numbers still were pretty good in the regular season and maybe he will rebound next year like he promises. People just expect more because of the salary he's making.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down