Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same photo shoot??????

+6
BigGuy219
Bosox Blair
cccc
nolemmings
Bicem
ullmandds
10 posters

Go down

Same photo shoot?????? Empty Same photo shoot??????

Post by ullmandds Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Would you guys say this is the same pose? To me they are slightly different...maybe taken at the same time...relatively speaking...maybe at slightly different angles...or maybe split seconds apart as part of a sequence of shots?

But I'm thinking I may need to sell the e220 to help refill the coffer?!?!?!
[img]Same photo shoot?????? Baberu10[/img][img]Same photo shoot?????? Ruths10[/img]
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Same photo shoot?????? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Same photo shoot?????? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Same photo shoot?????? Empty Re: Same photo shoot??????

Post by Bicem Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:39 pm

clearly different, both awesome.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Same photo shoot?????? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Same photo shoot?????? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:53 pm

clearly different, both awesome.

Agreed. The left leg alone is way different. I wouldn't necessarily think these are the same photo shoot either--it is likely Babe's pitching warm-up would look remarkably the same from day to day, and this seems like a natural angle to take the shot. Same uniform though, so who knows?
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:54 pm

not same pose, could be same shoot although on the FM his face looks younger
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Same photo shoot?????? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Same photo shoot?????? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 pm

The FM image also shows a noticably loose-sleeved undershirt, whereas the other image does not show that on either arm.

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Same photo shoot?????? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Same photo shoot?????? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:56 pm

i see an undershirt down to his wrist on the caramel...i could just be seeing things again Shocked
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Same photo shoot?????? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Same photo shoot?????? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:57 pm

thanks guys...I agree with all of the differences pointed out...it's kinda like in the trash magazines where they show 2 images and you have to find the differences...there are definitely a bunch...but the images are pretty damn similar to me!!!!!!

And I also considered that the FM is a photo...whereas the E220...I'd assume...has had the background removed...so maybe some of the other differences like the sleeves could be artfully enhanced?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Well, at least the fat man had a consistent pitching motion.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Same photo shoot?????? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Same photo shoot?????? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Same photo shoot?????? Empty RE:

Post by seablaster Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:27 pm

For what it's worth, I think different day as well. The dark stripe found on the sock of his right leg in relation to his knee is significantly different.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Same photo shoot?????? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Same photo shoot?????? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:07 am

Different cap brim also, looks a little more worn (pinnacled) in the e220. Still jealous... looking for a green eyed monster emoticon.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:42 am

I agree charlie brown...funny...I didn't scrutinize them as much as you guys did!!!!!

I think I love them both! I'll love the FM more when I have it in my posession!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:45 am

Pete, I'll gladly give you $75 dlvd for the E220 Ruth so you don't have to deal with a slimey auction house. plmk kthnx
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:47 am

I always thought it looked funny the angle that the babe's right foot ends on his follow through...especially on his m101-5 rookie where he is floating in the air! This is apparent on both of mine as well...he must have been very consistent with his windup(as was stated)...maybe that's why he was so successful!?
[img]Same photo shoot?????? 1915_s10[/img]

I'm standing in my kitchen and I'm practicing my windup and my feet end up nothing like those...he must have been double jointed...or maybe he did yoga!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:48 am

Chris...you are a giver! Duly noted...but he's staying in my box!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:57 am

I'd absolutely agree that they're not the same pose (considerably different location in the overall pitching movement that would decry the same motion), or even from the same photo shoot (the cap seems different, his face seems different, and honestly the uniform doesn't even seem the same; in particular, note some differences on the leggings).

But whether they're the same shoot, day, season, or whatever, the acquisition is just awesome. I don't hate your guts, mind you. It's just respectful envy. bow
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Same photo shoot?????? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Same photo shoot?????? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:37 am

What is remarkable, aside from his consistent pitching motion, is the blank, expressionless look on the Bambinos face. In Alaska, we called that the 1,000 mile stare. Did he ever smile during warm up?
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Notice he starts smiling more when he's wearing a yankees uniform.

I'd be unhappy too if I were forced to don a red sox uni! bananarama
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Notice he starts smiling more when he's wearing a yankees uniform.

Agreed. Actually they did a masterful job in those Red Sox shots of airbrushing away the tears that were streaming down the Babe's face.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by CARDMAN Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:42 am

ullmandds wrote:Notice he starts smiling more when he's wearing a yankees uniform.

I would have to agree with you on that one Smile .

Richard
CARDMAN
CARDMAN
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Same photo shoot?????? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Same photo shoot?????? Right_bar_bleue

http://oldcards.weebly.com/wood-burning--drawing-page.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down