Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him!

+6
terjung
pro9
ullmandds
fisherboy7
sabrjay
BigGuy219
10 posters

Go down

Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Empty Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him!

Post by BigGuy219 Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Well for two weeks I've been engaged in some pretty serious negotiations, and the mail man just dropped off the results.

About two weeks ago I had stacks and stacks of cards, but after selling off my more 'common' vintage and my superfluous modern cards that I never should have wasted money on in the first place, I was able to pick up these two.

Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Lajoie-M110SportingLifeCabinets

Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Wagner-M110SportingLifeCabinets

After two years of hard work, digging, and moving cards that weren't doing me much good, I've managed to get 5/6 on this M110 set.

I still need Hal Chase though. I will look for you. I will find you. I will collect you.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Empty Re: Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him!

Post by sabrjay Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Too bad you didn't get Napoleon Lajoie and Honus Wagner. That would be real impressive congrats
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Empty Re: Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him!

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Oh man Chris, those cards are spectacular! Congrats on the huge pickups. That Lajoie is a monster card in that grade (not to belittle Honus). Feels good to sell off some chaff to put into a bigger purchase. A Chase will show up eventually, for some reason I've tended to see Chase show up more frequently in the set (maybe just because the other cards are all fairly "big time").
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:54 pm

wow, Chris...AWESOME!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Fantastic, that's great that you were able to pick them up without a lot of cash or selling off something that wasn't superfluous.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Congrats! Those 2 are beautiful!
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Those are spectacular, Congrats
Chase shouldn't be to hard to find.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm

wow, great cards Chris!
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:17 pm

less chinese food for you now. HUGE cards!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Nice stuff!
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:10 am

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

And yes ... no more Chinese for a while ... not to do a shameless plug, but I just picked up 4 boxes of 'A Taste of Thai' from Walmart. Smile
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Anyone seen Hal Chase? His friends are looking for him! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down