Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Up with the Back of this card?

4 posters

Go down

What's Up with the Back of this card? Empty What's Up with the Back of this card?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 am

bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What's Up with the Back of this card? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What's Up with the Back of this card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What's Up with the Back of this card? Empty Re: What's Up with the Back of this card?

Post by ullmandds Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:55 am

this seller has been selling lots of nice looking raw t206's lately...I'd guess many if not all were removed from a scrapbook...looks like water damage to me or some kind of remnant from a glue?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
What's Up with the Back of this card? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What's Up with the Back of this card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What's Up with the Back of this card? Empty Re: What's Up with the Back of this card?

Post by cccc Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:38 pm

broadway rick, 10 years ago i'd stay away from his raw stuff but i think he's turned it around.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What's Up with the Back of this card? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What's Up with the Back of this card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:15 pm

damn was just underbidder on the nice young portrait and got blown out on the white matty. wasn't comfortable with the cobb.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What's Up with the Back of this card? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What's Up with the Back of this card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:30 pm

For those that don't know Broadway Rick was busted for switching cards in PSA 10 holders to lesser grades.

I agree with Pete that the cards were probably in a scrap book, but the top part of the back along the frame looks like a layer of the cardboard was on it's end run. I would be curious to know if the card is thinner at the top from the bottom.

$150 for the card means the card would have to get at least EXMT grade or higher to come out. I think these T206s are not grade because they were all pulled from a scrap book and you would be lucky to get a VGEX grade at best on any of them and that is only a few.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What's Up with the Back of this card? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What's Up with the Back of this card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:08 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:For those that don't know Broadway Rick was busted for switching cards in PSA 10 holders to lesser grades.

I agree with Pete that the cards were probably in a scrap book, but the top part of the back along the frame looks like a layer of the cardboard was on it's end run. I would be curious to know if the card is thinner at the top from the bottom.

$150 for the card means the card would have to get at least EXMT grade or higher to come out. I think these T206s are not grade because they were all pulled from a scrap book and you would be lucky to get a VGEX grade at best on any of them and that is only a few.

Lee

These cards aren't something that I would bid on, but I assume that they were purchased for their aesthetic appearance more than their grading potential. Sounds like an unreliable seller, so that furthers the risk. Nice looking front on that common, but I didn't see the other ones.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What's Up with the Back of this card? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What's Up with the Back of this card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Some Of those t2O6's has such beautiful color and image quality i considered getting some...then i remembered that i hate t2O6's! Smile
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
What's Up with the Back of this card? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What's Up with the Back of this card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum