Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay

+3
sabrjay
ullmandds
the-illini
7 posters

Go down

Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Empty Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay

Post by the-illini Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Ewing with Mascot - Players League. Very nice price for the winner. Really solid image for an 1890 OJ as well. Doesn't appear the seller knew what he had...

PL Ewing w Mascot
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Empty Re: Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay

Post by ullmandds Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:39 pm

Shows how green I am when it comes to OJ's?! So I'm guessing the Ewing/Mascot(PL) is the toughest of the pose?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Empty Re: Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay

Post by sabrjay Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:26 pm

Anything PL is tough.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by the-illini Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:40 pm

PL cards are very very difficult. A Ewing/mascot PL with a decent image makes it all the sweeter.
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:48 pm

2007 REA auction

I thought I had seen this card before. Whoever cracked it out of the SGC slab knew what it was worth.

As previously mentioned, great deal for the buyer.

Strike that last comment. Checking the feedback, apparently the seller reneged. Two thumbs down.

Last edited by seablaster on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Probably got a better offer after word got around about the low the price. Goes to show it probably doesn't hurt to low an offer after an auction if you can sleep with using a tactic like that.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:35 pm

hardcore OJ collectors are a vicious bunch Smile
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:02 pm

cccc wrote:hardcore OJ collectors are a vicious bunch Smile
There's definitely some truth to these words.

Others may disagree, but I feel anything is fair game during the auction. After the auction is another story. Poor showing on the part of the seller and also the unknown 3rd party who most likely intervened.

seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:12 pm

If I were the seller, I would do the same exact thing. Too much money is at stake. For the buyer - tough schmegegies, Charlie Brown! Wink
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:38 am

This is one of the huge downfalls of ebay. You not not see something like this in a big auction where the auctioneers are not the owners of the card. Having the card in the hands of a third party goes a long ways to final sale being assured.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Huh...i agree w/lee...as a seller you should know what youre selling...if not...you may lose out!

I think its a douche move on the sellers part!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:50 pm

"bad form" as the soccer commentator says.

it's only ok when the guy who won it gloats about it or throw it in our face about what a great deal he got and how the seller was a total sucker for not knowing what he had!

i also remember that bidder "rockythebulldog" battled it up with keith olbermann 6-7 years back for some rare KBATS. they pushed the final bids up some crazy amounts, like 2000-3000% of the 3rd bid so it's not like he wouldn't have paid up for this one.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Amazing Old Judge just ended on Ebay Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down