Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is registry not a big factor in grading?

4 posters

Go down

Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Empty Why is registry not a big factor in grading?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:18 am

I find it amazing that the grading companies do not factor in registry on a card much in there grading yet they hammer a card that has writing on it, even if it is on the back. You can get a card graded EX with bad registry but if your Nrmt card has any kind of writing on the front or back you will probably not receive a grade higher than Vg most of the time Good.

Does seem to make much sense to me.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Empty Re: Why is registry not a big factor in grading?

Post by ullmandds Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:40 am

Agreed...grading sucks!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Empty Re: Why is registry not a big factor in grading?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:23 am

bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:33 pm

I think it's a Joe Jackson thing...between his e90-1 and this one...maybe he was a cross dresser?!?!

The whole rest of the card's registration seems great...he just can't apply his lipstick properly?!

Last edited by ullmandds on Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Here's another example:

http://www.goodwinandco.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=9599

Anyways I think the rationale behind not including it in the grade is that the card was printed that way, so it is a natural part of the image. I don't really agree with that rationale, for instance if a card is off-center it gets downgraded, so why not for bad registry?
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:14 pm

ullmandds wrote:I think it's a Joe Jackson thing...between his e90-2 and this one...maybe he was a cross dresser?!?!

The whole rest of the card's registration seems great...he just can't apply his lipstick properly?!

Ha - I was thinking the same thing...poor old Clueless Joe...
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Why is registry not a big factor in grading? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Wow, Shocked . That one is only $50,000. Good chance this was a dealer submitted card. handjob

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down