Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you use eBay stores?

4 posters

Go down

Do you bought a card in an eBay store?

Do you use eBay stores? Vote_lcap38%Do you use eBay stores? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
Do you use eBay stores? Vote_lcap15%Do you use eBay stores? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Do you use eBay stores? Vote_lcap15%Do you use eBay stores? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Do you use eBay stores? Vote_lcap31%Do you use eBay stores? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Do you use eBay stores? Empty Do you use eBay stores?

Post by sabrjay Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:41 am

I take a look at cards in the eBay stores, but I've never seen a card that I've needed that I was willing to pay the price being asked. Perfect example tonight was a SGC40/3 Delong Cochorane I won for $116. There is a PSA 3 available in an eBay for store for $300.

I'd love to hear from dealers as too whether eBay stores is effective for collectibles? Intuition tells me it not a good thing for collectibles but would work great for common items like t-shirts, clothing, car parts, etc.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Do you use eBay stores? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Do you use eBay stores? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you use eBay stores? Empty Re: Do you use eBay stores?

Post by scott elkins Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:31 am

I have never sold through the ebay "store" system. You are correct - most prices are outrageous. However, I have purchased some cards through eBay stores - I simply had to wade through the high prices and find some at decent prices (did this when I was bored). I recently bought a couple of Sov. 460 T206 HOF'ers in PSA 4 holders. The seller had lowered the prices on both $50 or more from what he started them out at, so I bought them at the new lower prices - I especially loved the fact that both were 460 Series only HOF'ers! Very Happy

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Do you use eBay stores? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Do you use eBay stores? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Do you use eBay stores? Empty E-bay stores

Post by t206head Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:19 am

I over payed For a SGC 70 Miller Huggins but at the time i had to have it. I found service and shipping a shade better but I still love to bid!!! I lose to a lot of You guys all the time but what can you do ?? later RJP
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Do you use eBay stores? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Do you use eBay stores? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:44 pm

I think it is a decent alternative for a dealer/card shop owner. The exposure is good but they also have to realize the people looking at there ebay store are probobly bidding on auctions and have a good grasp of the going rate on the auctions. The fees are higher for stores but you don't have to fight to win the card. I have tried buying off stores with counteroffers to no luck and don't ever look at them because the prices always weem so high.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Do you use eBay stores? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Do you use eBay stores? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:26 pm

RJP - You hit the nail on the head! When bidding on certain rarer T206's, you will usually see the same list of bidders over and over. I have noticed some new ID's however. This goes to another discussion we were having as well, as I believe when we approach the T206's 100th Anniv., there will be even more competition.

With rare backs and other rarities within the T206 being high and going even higher, I think people will look for the undervalued cards more and more. IMHO, these are the 460 series issues - especially the semi-tough backs and the 460 Series only cards. I recently picked up a couple of 460 only PSA 4 HOF'ers with Sov. 460 backs at decent prices in eBay stores. I went back to buy the Chance 460 only card I left in a PSA 4 holder with a common Piedmont Fact. 25 back and it was gone. This made me wonder if the winner had read one of my posts on these being undervalued???? Question Rolling Eyes question scratch

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Do you use eBay stores? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Do you use eBay stores? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down