Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how do you organize/store your cards

+2
Square_Frame_Ramly
ItsOnlyGil
6 posters

Go down

how do you organize/store your cards Empty how do you organize/store your cards

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:38 pm

? me=binders
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

how do you organize/store your cards Empty for my few cards i have...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:14 pm

In an old wooden cigar box with a small dehumidifier in my safe.
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

how do you organize/store your cards Empty Re: how do you organize/store your cards

Post by sabrjay Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:21 pm

I have one of those fancy MJ Roop wood boxes. The really expensive stuff is now in the safe with desicants in there to prevent moisture damage.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

how do you organize/store your cards Empty Re: how do you organize/store your cards

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:48 pm

Aren't you afraid of causing surface cracking because your dessicants suck every bit of moisture out of the card?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:08 am

I have two safes full of my more valuable/rare cards. Then I keep stuff like T206 AB's, Cycles, Hindu SL'ers, 460 Series Only cards, Caramels, etc. in those huge white cardboard boxes I bought off eBay designed to hold graded cards.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:13 am

ItsOnlyGil wrote:Aren't you afraid of causing surface cracking because your dessicants suck every bit of moisture out of the card?

If I collected NM cards, that would probably be a concern. Since I don't own anything above a SGC 70 (only 3 cards are 50 or higher) and my most valauable cards aren't above a 30, any surface cracking that the desicant might cause won't affect the grade at all. I think my m101-5 Thorpe is the only really valuable card I have that has a glossy surface.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:45 am

in those huge white cardboard boxes I bought off eBay designed to hold graded cards.

I wanted to buy some of those but the shipping was something like $30 for a $25 item. I stand firm and refuse to pay.

My stuff is all over the house and garage, in boxes, binders, roop, shoeboxes, those small psa boxes. I really need to organize.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:55 am

As kids, this how Lee and I stored out cards

how do you organize/store your cards Kidcards

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:57 pm

My cards are all over the house, binders, safes, frames, and RJ Roop boxes. I just got done recataloging my T206s so I knew where they were. It got to be panick and pain in the ass trying to find some of my cards.

Here's my favorite storage area:

how do you organize/store your cards Img_0410

how do you organize/store your cards Img_0413

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

how do you organize/store your cards Empty Lee...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:21 pm

Nice display... the only thing you have to worry about is if someone broke in to your house then your collection is out in the open and easy pickins for a thief. One thing i would suggest is to have all your cards photgraphed and insured. You may already have done this so don't mind me. Rolling Eyes

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:22 pm

Mark,

That would cost money that I could use to buy more cards. I may be dumb with the whole thing but very few locals know I have such a collection or the value of the collection. Heck, If they were to take everything it would probably take them an hour to find everything. All my SGC cards are scanned and on their registry. I personnally enjoy looking at my collection and would never think of locking it away where I can not enjoy them.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:27 pm

Lee, I really like the way you display your cards (and so did Heather when she saw your pics). In fact, Heather wanted me to do the same thing. However, with the neighbors I have, they wouldn't last a month. flaming mad

Kevin - I simply add the shipping to the total and, as long as the "per box" price is what I am willing to pay, I buy. These came out (even with the high shipping) for under $2 per box, so I can live with that. bounce

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
how do you organize/store your cards Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100how do you organize/store your cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down