Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shellacked (this is for Pete :nahnahnah: )

4 posters

Go down

Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Empty Shellacked (this is for Pete :nahnahnah: )

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:39 am

OK, Who else has shellacked cards? I also own a E93 Clarke that is shellacked but no scan.

Who needs a platic holder when your card is shellacked?

Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) T206de10

Lee

bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Empty Re: Shellacked (this is for Pete :nahnahnah: )

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:10 am

Now, now. If this was REALLY for Pete there'd be a long-winded Goodwin & Co.-type writeup for that card. nahnahnah
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Empty Re: Shellacked (this is for Pete :nahnahnah: )

Post by Bosox Blair Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:07 am

BigGuy219 wrote:Now, now. If this was REALLY for Pete there'd be a long-winded Goodwin & Co.-type writeup for that card. nahnahnah

This impossibly rare antiquity bears the immensely popular image of Devore holding his famous 32 ounce hitmaker. Showing only the lightest signs of loving wear - evenly distributed on the four extremities of this cardboard fantasy - this specimen is all the more valuable for its almost-never-witnessed red Hindu reverse. The slight disturbance to the reverse surfaces do nothing to diminish the desirability of this gem. The image shows striking contrast with Devore adopting his famed split-handed batting grip on the freshly-mowed emerald grass against a backdrop of grandstands peeking through the early morning mist. Devore's intent stare seems to challenge the great pitchers of the day, calling out "What the f@*k are you lookin' at?" This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a piece of history. Bid accordingly.

Last edited by Bosox Blair on Mon May 09, 2011 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:31 am

Blair, all you need to add is that "it would rightly find it's place in any world-class collection" and you're good to write copy in my book.

"Bid accordingly." had me laughing out loud.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:07 pm

nice Blair...I think Huggins has a job with your name on it!!!! great card, Lee...well not really...but thanks for thinking of me!Smile
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Oh and Blair...isn't Devore's first name Josh? Maybe he was jewish...definitely worth including in the description!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Shellacked (this is for Pete  :nahnahnah: ) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Putting the thread back on track. I've seen a ton of shalacked baseballs, but I don't think I've seen a card in person. Was there a reason behind doing this?
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down