Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reverse ink & grading

4 posters

Go down

Reverse ink & grading Empty Reverse ink & grading

Post by rholmes Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:38 pm

What is the highest grade one could expect from SGC on a card that has an ink stamp on the reverse? Their grading scale allows 'ink and pencil markings' up to 30/2, but I'm pretty sure I've read & seen around that cards are often given 20's regardless. Right or wrong? The card in question is in a PSA 4 (mk) slab now and I'd prefer to cross it...knowing the grade will suffer for sure, but...how much?

Edited to add: If anyone has an example of a card w/ stamp that has been graded above Fair, I'd love to see.
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Reverse ink & grading Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Reverse ink & grading Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Reverse ink & grading Empty Re: Reverse ink & grading

Post by cccc Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:12 pm

imo you're getting a 20 ray. good part about the sgc20 is even if the card would've been a psa2mk, it's going in as a 20 too. i don't think i'd cross a psa4mk, but you probably want uniformity within your set.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Reverse ink & grading Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Reverse ink & grading Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks, Quan. Pretty much what I was expecting to hear, and pretty much what I was expecting when I bought the card. I might hold back on this one for now, though. It'll eventually have to cross if I'm going to keep it long term, but it feels like too big a bullet to bite at the moment. Blech. yuck

BTW, if anyone needs to cross cards and hasn't yet seen, SGC is having specials this month.
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Reverse ink & grading Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Reverse ink & grading Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:06 am

Ray, crossover with SGC is nicely handled, you can state a minimum grade you will accept on their service form. If they are unable to accomodate you they will leave it in the original holder and return it.
If you do take advantage of the special this month please post how it went. I have three PSA 4(mk) w514's I'd like to crossover. Thanks.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:00 am

I agree with the above, except that Ray didn't specify if it was a factory stamp or not. If it was a factory stamp, SGC will now grade it without a deduction for the stamp, but will note on the flip that it has a factory stamp.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Reverse ink & grading Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Reverse ink & grading Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down