Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What card(s) have you never seen for sale?

+2
sabrjay
fisherboy7
6 posters

Go down

What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Empty What card(s) have you never seen for sale?

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:18 pm

I've never seen a Zeenut Fatty Arbuckle for sale.

Also, a bunch of the 1912 Boston Garters....never seen 'em....which could be a good thing, because if I did, I might have to sell everything I have to afford one!

Which card(s) have you never seen available for sale in the open market?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Empty Re: What card(s) have you never seen for sale?

Post by sabrjay Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Last time I saw an Arbuckle for sale, it was the one I passed on back in the mid 80s. Cant say I've seen an OJ Anson in uniform for sale.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Empty Re: What card(s) have you never seen for sale?

Post by jbonie Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:24 pm

N175 Gypsy Queen Cap Anson. I'm not sure this card exists... does anyone know for sure?
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rhettyeakley Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:43 pm

The N175 Anson doesn't exist, as Anson (for whatever reason) was NOT included in any of Goodwin & Co.'s 1887 productions. He only exists as an 1888 and 1889-90 card so it is highly unlikely an N175 Anson should ever be found as they were a 1887 production.
-Rhett

rhettyeakley
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:20 pm

I hadn't known that GQ's were only 1887, thanks for the info. I guess that Anson refused to pose, and then Goodwin&Co used the old team photo to produce an Anson card. Then, once Anson saw that, he didn't want that photo and therefore allowed them to take his portrait, which is why the uniform pose is so rare.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:47 am

I have never seen an e94 murray, violet for sale...because I want one!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:54 am

I have never seen a E123 Curtis Ireland - WAJO for sale .... because I want one!

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What card(s) have you never seen for sale?  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum