Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant)

3 posters

Go down

The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant) Empty The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant)

Post by Bosox Blair Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Just finished watching the documentary "The Lost Son of Havana". Nice film! If you were a fan of Luis, or if you are interested in Cuba from a baseball or politics perspective, this one is for you. Cameras follow Luis at the age of 67 in his first return to Cuba since he left in 1961.

Also some great stuff on Luis' dad, who was a Negro League star pitcher.
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant) Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant) Empty Re: The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant)

Post by rholmes Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:49 am

Just wanted to give a second thumbs-up on this film. Baseball is of course the central theme, but it's so much more than that, having much to say about family, dreams, and the sacrifices people are willing to make to chase whatever it is that drives them. My favorite scene among a few real standouts is the one with Luis and Tony Oliva's brother after Luis has arrived in Cuba.

If you have netflix, it's available for instant watch!
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant) Empty Re: The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant)

Post by Comisky Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:46 am

I just wanted to say that this was really an outstanding documentary. I love baseball history, hence why I collect old baseball artifacts, and learning about Cuban baseball. His story is really incredible and although I wasn't around when he played, I really do love his story.

It's a must watch!

Jeff
Comisky
Comisky
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant) Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The Lost Son of Havana (Luis Tiant) Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down