Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Wagner find

+6
fisherboy7
cccc
terjung
rholmes
pro9
sabrjay
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Wagner find - Page 2 Empty Re: New Wagner find

Post by terjung Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:26 pm

No, it is not. There are only 4 E107 Wagners that have been graded. There is an SGC 50, the SGC 40 that you have shown, an SGC 20, and an SGC A. PSA has not graded any.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
New Wagner find - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100New Wagner find - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:29 pm

Thanks Brian.

Considering the price trends on E107's, I could see that SGC 50 Wagner becoming a 250k+ card before too long.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
New Wagner find - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100New Wagner find - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:43 pm

(my favorite topic!)

Knowing where each of them is, I don't think that any of those 4 E107 Wagners will be up for sale anytime in the near future. You never know when a new one will surface, but those 4 graded ones aren't going anywhere.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
New Wagner find - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100New Wagner find - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:06 pm

I think you are right though, Ben. Though that price sounds high right now, in a few years, I wouldn't be surprised to see a card with the stature of an SGC 50 go for $250k.

More than any other card, the E107 vs. T206 Wagner comparison is the one that is the most puzzling to me from a value / scarcity standpoint. At least one T206 Wagner is available every year and often times we have reports of multiple sales within a year. How frequently do E107 Wagners come up for auction?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:09 pm

The biggest drag on the e107 Wagner is that it comes from a set that people just don't collect. Although that really shouldn't matter because I've had numbers people I respect in the hobby tell me that most owners of the t206 Wagner don't have the set or even working on the set.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
New Wagner find - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100New Wagner find - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Honestly, I think the appeal of the T206 Wagner is based more on status than anything else.

...and its fine by me if others don't see the value in the E107 set for now. That just means more for me!
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Comisky Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:29 pm

What's going on fella's, been a while since I posted. I have to say that there are a ton of beautiful and rare cards out there. However, if someone pulled out a T206 Wags, I think my heart would start racing! That is "the" card in the hobby, always has been, always will be. I am also probably a little bias too since I am primarily a T206 collector.

Jeff
Comisky
Comisky
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
New Wagner find - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100New Wagner find - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nbv4 Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:40 pm

The T206 Wagner card has popularity outside the hobby as well. My mother even knows about the T206 as it's been mentioned in magazines and on TV news programs and stuff.

nbv4
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
New Wagner find - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Wagner find - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum