Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do?

3 posters

Go down

What would you do? Empty What would you do?

Post by sabrjay Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:20 pm

Last night we had some really nasty weather pass through. We had a tornado touch down less than a mile away from us. I finally broke down and and agreed to quit watching the storm and take shelter in downstairs bathroom. The only place in the basement that has no windows. Before heading there, I grabbed my baseball card collection and took it with me. Mona thought I was insane and even though they are insured, I'd rather not lose them.

Anyone else been in that sort of situation and grabbed something valuable or meaningful to you before you took cover?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What would you do? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do?

Post by pro9 Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:42 pm

With your cards, was there still room for Mona, or did you not let her in?

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
What would you do? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:58 pm

I think this is completely rational behavior. I definitely have a checklist in my head of the small things I'd grab if I had to get out quick, and a certain box of cards is on that list. Not only do they have monetary value, some of them have a degree of sentimental value...and lord knows some others of them aren't easy to replace on top of it all.

Besides, in your case, if you get stuck in that bathroom at least you'd have something to look at. righton
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What would you do? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 pm

My collection isn't very big anymore. Not counting my childhood cards, which I didn't grab, my collection is under 200 cards.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What would you do? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum