Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist.

+2
Jim Rivera cfc1909
scott elkins
6 posters

Go down

T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Empty T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist.

Post by scott elkins Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:23 am

Being an "old-timer", I have always been led to believe that there are six SL'ers that cannot be found with Brown Hindu Backs (these being the six Texas Leaguers - Hart/Little Rock, Hart/Montgomery, King, Lentz, Orth and Westlake). Recently, on Net 54, Ted Z. stated there are eleven SL'ers in the T206 set that cannot be found with Brown Hindu backs. Ted's list is as follows (Bastian, Hart/Little Rock, Hart/Montgomery, Lentz, Miller, Orth, Smith/Shrev., Stark, Thebo, Westlake and White).

I find it interesting that Ted omitted King from his list, as this is one of the original "six" known NOT to be found with Hindu backs from the SL'ers. Also, from memory, I do remember seeing a Hindu Stark and Thebo in the past. I remember I wasn't collecting tough backs at the time, but that was the first Stark I had ever seen with a Hindu back for sale, and I meant to bid tougher, but lost out while I was away. As for Bastian, Miller, Smith (Shrev.) and White, I don't recall ever seeing those players with Hindu backs. I might have, but they didn't stick in my mind. Ted might be correct - they might not exist with Hindu backs. I certainly know that certain SL'ers are much tougher than others with Hindu backs - Stark being a great example.

I have been collecting T206 Hindu SL'ers for the past few months and now have 14 different and 16 total (including a couple dupes for trade bait towards other Hindu SL'ers). I will list these below and would love if other members would list their Hindu SL'ers as well. The way I figure is the only way to tell if the old list of six NO Hindu SL'ers is correct or if Ted is correct, that there are other SL'ers not available with Hindu backs is to start a checklist and keep track over time. So, I will get the checklist started with my 14 different. Other members - feel free to list your Hindu SL'ers, as it would help much with the checklist. Should we end up with a total of 42 different eventually, then the old list of all SL'ers, except the six Texas Leaguers, being available with Hindu backs will be verified. If we go for a long period of time and it seems like there are others NOT available with Hindu backs, then Ted might be on to something and we will have to search other collections and wait to see if we can confirm with certainty that these other players do not exist with Hindu backs.

BTW - I have checked recent sales from one of the websites that tracks sales (as well as some pop reports - which we all know there are SEVERAL T206's slabbed before they listed the back variation on the fronts, so theres is not reliable). TBH, I cannot find some of the players Ted mentioned as NOT being available with Hindu backs from the SL - this is why I thought a checklist might help to determine how many SL players in the T206 set are actually NOT available with a Hindu back.

My 14 different Hindu SL'ers are: As others list their examples, I will post them to this list to create a Master List for Full Count (I didn't list all I have seen, only the ones I own).

1) Coles
2) Cranston
3) Ellam
4) Guiheen
5) Hickman
6) Jordan (Atlanta)
7) Molesworth
8) Mullaney
9) Otey
10) Perdue
11) Persons
12) Reagan
13) Revelle
14) Shaughnessy

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Empty Re: T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist.

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:24 pm

Scott,

Brian has all that have been found to date. I think your list of found SL Hindus is accurate.
Here is my list
1.Bay
2.Coles (2)
3.Jordan
4.Thornton
5.Violat

I have 50-60 Hindus but only 5 Sls and about 7/8 HOFers.When the Barnings sold their T206 collection on ebay I was the under bidder on most of the Hindu Sl and Brian was the winner.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Empty Re: T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist.

Post by scott elkins Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:22 am

Here is my updated list of T206 Hindu SL'ers I own for our checklist (included are some new additions on the way - thanks Steve!):

1) Coles
2) Cranston
3) Ellam
4) Fritz
5) Geminger
6) Guiheen
7) Hickman
8) Jordan (Atlanta)
9) Manion
10) McCauley
11) Molesworth
12) Mullaney
13) Otey
14) Perdue
15) Persons
16) Reagan
17) Revelle
18) Shaughnessy
19) Smith (Atlanta)

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Empty you can add Helm

Post by nolemmings Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:54 pm

I sold this guy awhile back

T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. T206he10
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:58 pm

Great color and register on that Helm, Todd. The image almost looks 3D!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 pm

He looks too prim and proper to be a ball player

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Todd - that Helm looks super - especially for a Hindu SL'er! Hindu SL'ers are so tough in anything above VG/EX. In fact, my highest graded example is only SGC 50. Sad

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Empty Thanks guys

Post by nolemmings Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:33 am

appreciate the comments on the Helm. Sadly, he has departed the collection. He was my only Hindu SL, and though I've now gutted the T206s of all backs, I was still hoping to replace him kinda soon (like this year), but you guys are making me think it was a one-time shot for a 6. Embarassed
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:07 am

My one and only is Lipe.

T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. T206li10

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100T206 SL'ers with Hindu backs checklist. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down