Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

e98 cobb...solid reprint potential

4 posters

Go down

e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Empty e98 cobb...solid reprint potential

Post by cccc Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:34 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/1910-Ty-Cobb-E-Card-Old-Put-Back-L-K_W0QQitemZ110476335317

i'm impressed with the printing on this home-made photoshop job. the front color and back font on this this is crisper than the original (maybe the body outline could be "bolded" more)! the last frontier is getting the right paper stock because this one appears to be too thich and doesn't have that worn/brittle feel to it. seller adv. as a reprint so it seems like he didn't put too much effort into this...scary. can't wait to see what the next decade brings technology-wise.

(i'm not gonna even comment about the OP stamp nono)
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Empty so sick of these sellers...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:54 am

Yes, he is saying reprint but can't believe he is actually selling this crap and people are buying!!!! look at his completes auctions.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Empty Re: e98 cobb...solid reprint potential

Post by cccc Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:28 pm

mark ur right, that's alot of reprints. nothing good can come out of this yuck
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:48 am

the last frontier is getting the right paper stock

Unfortunately that frontier has been around for years. From what I know, matching of the two has yet to be accomplished...it's just a matter of time. Even the time-era printing can be done. I think the last frontier will be engraving...which can can be done but it is ridiculously time consuming and not perfected yet from what I've been told.

Remember, it wasn't too long ago when collectors said it was impossible for flips to be replicated. Now, as warned a few years ago, it's one of the hobby's biggest concerns. Sadly, I predict this hobby is for some tough times in the not so distant future.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:18 am

As I'm reading this I can't help but remember Hugh Griffith's character in How to Steal A Million rubbing dirt from Vincent van Gogh's home town to complete his master forgeries.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100e98 cobb...solid reprint potential Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down