Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Done!

5 posters

Go down

I'm Done! Empty I'm Done!

Post by lamontcarter Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:48 pm

With the addition of the 4 cards pictured below I've finished my version of The Monster. I wont say "I tamed The Monster" or "I completed the set" because I didn't but I did manage to get to 518 of 524. I'll be on the lookout for the Demmitt and O'Hara and at this point I think I'll probably try to pick them up but who knows when so I'll call it finished at this point.

I thought it would be interesting to share some "stats" on my "set":

Backs

1 brown hindu
1 cycle 460
1 cycle 350
2 tolstoi
1 EPDG
3 sovereign 460
12 sovereign 350
4 soverign 150
30 old mill (24 of the 48 Southern Leaguers)
1 ab 350 no frame (SGC 80)
2 sc 150 overprint
2 sc 350-460 overprint
1 sc 350-460 fac 42
34 sc 150 f 30
10 sc 150 f 25
10 sc 350 f 25
4 sc 350 -460 f 25
10 sc 350 -460 f 30
71 sc 350 f 30
70 piedmont 150 f 25
30 piedmont 350-460 f 25
198 piedmont 350 f 25
20 polar bear

Grades

28 PSA 1
77 PSA 2
51 PSA 3
11 PSA 4
1 PSA 5
19 SGC 10
58 SGC 20
105 SGC 30
142 SGC 40
24 SGC 50
1 SGC 60
1 SGC 80

It would be impossible to say thank you to all of the people that I bought cards from and helped me in other ways so I'll offer a blanket one here. I sincerely appreciate everyone that I bought a card from, made a trade with or helped out with information on this great set.

A special thank you to Lee Behrens who sold me the last 3 SLers seen below that I needed out of his personal collection.

Also to Eric Merka who was always there with information when I needed it in addition to selling and trading cards.

Both super guys who although we've never met in person I consider good friends.

Best wishes for a healthy, prosperous and safe 2010!

Regards,

Scott

I'm Done! Cobb_b10I'm Done! Bay10I'm Done! Jordan10I'm Done! Breite10

Last edited by lamontcarter on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:38 am; edited 2 times in total
lamontcarter
lamontcarter
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
I'm Done! Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100I'm Done! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

I'm Done! Empty Re: I'm Done!

Post by sabrjay Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:06 am

Congrats, no matter what you consider complete for t206, it's always a great sense of accomplishment to finally do it. Demmitt and O'Hara will be easy enough. Just be patient and wait for the right card at the right price. This should be easier for you since you don't feel the need to get these card for your sense of completion for the set.

So what's the goal for this coming year now that this is out of the way?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
I'm Done! Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100I'm Done! Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lamontcarter Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:35 am

Thanks for the kind words Jay. I am 6 cards in to an E96 set. Smaller and easier on the wallet! They don't seem to pop up frequently in the time I've been looking for them on ebay so I think it will take me some time. If I can finish it in 2010 that would be cool.

I also have a PSA 5-6 55 Topps set minus the Clemente and a mixed 52 Bowman set minus the Mantle and a common or two that I want to finish.
lamontcarter
lamontcarter
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Scott,

First of all, congrats on this awesome accomplishment.

But I also wanted to say how interesting it is that the photos for the last four cards you needed just happened to have been taken all on the same day within minutes of each other. At least it looks that way; like it was picture day or something. I'm Done! 769672

Regards,

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
I'm Done! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100I'm Done! Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Scott, that's awesome and congrats! And thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad I was able to help you out when you needed it, though I wish I could have helped with a few more cards. Seems like I was always a step behind (when I decided to let go of a card you needed, you had just acquired one).

Are you going to the Nationals in Baltimore this year? If so maybe we'll meet for the first time there. I'm hoping to make it if all goes well this year.

Good luck with the E96 set, and hope you had a great New Years.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
I'm Done! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100I'm Done! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by lamontcarter Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:28 am

crazylocomerk wrote:Scott, that's awesome and congrats! And thank you very much for the kind words. I'm glad I was able to help you out when you needed it, though I wish I could have helped with a few more cards. Seems like I was always a step behind (when I decided to let go of a card you needed, you had just acquired one).

Are you going to the Nationals in Baltimore this year? If so maybe we'll meet for the first time there. I'm hoping to make it if all goes well this year.

Good luck with the E96 set, and hope you had a great New Years.

Hey Eric

Since it's close and I can drive or hop on the train I'll probably use some Marriot points and make the trip if I can. Hopefully we can meet up.

Thanks for the kind words.

Scott
lamontcarter
lamontcarter
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 am

Hi Scott,

Congrats on a major accomplishment! Glad to see you've gotten right into your next project already. I have a few E96's available - not sure if you got my PM last week, but let me know if I have anything you need.

Good luck!

Ben
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
I'm Done! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100I'm Done! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content