Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original Full Count Forum

+3
Jim Rivera cfc1909
cccc
sabrjay
7 posters

Go down

Original Full Count Forum Empty Original Full Count Forum

Post by sabrjay Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:41 pm

Can someone provide a basic history of the original FUll Count forum. Who started, etc. It would nice info to have here and I want to post it to the fullcountforum.com site

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Original Full Count Forum Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Original Full Count Forum Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Original Full Count Forum Empty Re: Original Full Count Forum

Post by cccc Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:46 pm

i wasn't around but i remember it was started by john spencer in support of his fullcountbcc.com website? in an old n54 thread people found some google cache of the old board...maybe scott forrest or someone dug it up. not quite like excavating egypt but still an interesting read of the early internet days of the hobby (more snarky and less sarcastic).

also i always forget john spencer's nice assistant name...mike williams? either the first or last name is off mallet
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Original Full Count Forum Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Original Full Count Forum Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:24 am

Not really sure about Fullcount but when I started reading the forum, Elliot was the Moderator and to me that was the original forum-that was about 2001 or 02 and i got the priveledge to meet Elliot at this years National and it was my pleasure-a great person and collector.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Original Full Count Forum Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Original Full Count Forum Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:17 am

one day outside the n54 stadium a statue will be erected for big E--its founder and 1st moderator.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Original Full Count Forum Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Original Full Count Forum Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:45 am

gee, we need a blushing smiley

John Spencer was a dealer whose business was called Full Count Baseball. As part of his website, he devoted a page to a forum. It was pretty basic because of the technology at the time. As might be expected there was some very contentious issues, which resulted in the threat of lawsuits. Since John was a dealer, he didn't want the problems (fully understandable) and when he shut down the forum, I started a new forum, which although it was called the Vintage Baseball Card Forum has always been referred to as the Network54 forum. Mile Williams was John's assistant who spent more time than John trying to keep the sanity on the Full Count Forum. Both of them were/are great guys. (not in the Lichtman sense).

Jay, you might try to see if you can find the old forum using the wayback website.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Original Full Count Forum Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Original Full Count Forum Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:59 pm

I didn't have any luck finding a cache of of the old forum. If someone has a link, it would greatly appreciated.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Original Full Count Forum Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Original Full Count Forum Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:45 pm

not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is the 54 that was origanally moderated by E

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Original Full Count Forum Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Original Full Count Forum Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:09 pm

nah, the was a forum called Full Count that predated that.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Anyone know what year the original board started?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:54 pm

wow the internet is REALLY great (thanks al gore!)...this literally took me 20 secs to find:

go into any '99-01 dates and look under vintage card talk...

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://fullcountbcc.com
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Original Full Count Forum Empty try this...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:56 pm

I started getting back into cards in Oct 2000 and found the Full Count Board, it was shortly after that that it ended and Elliot started Net54. Elliot is the George Washington of Net 54 and Bill Cornell is Thomas Jefferson, great founding fathers.

A tip of the hat to both of you.

Lee

PS: Does that make Ben & jay Jefferson Davis and who ever his vice president was or Fidel Castro? Original Full Count Forum 908305
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Original Full Count Forum Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Original Full Count Forum Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:40 am

can't read any posts-is there any way to find the actual posts?
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:23 am

GOT IT!
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:59 am

how did you get to the actual posts?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Original Full Count Forum Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Original Full Count Forum Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Brian
I just kept clicking on the post and it finally connected. It kept saying lost connection but finally appeared.
Its almost like long distance apposed to a local call connection. I still can't get all the posts to come up but most of them do.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down