Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isn't this against eBay policy????

4 posters

Go down

Isn't this against eBay policy???? Empty Isn't this against eBay policy????

Post by scott elkins Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:06 am

I just won an American Beauty Arrelanes tonight and received this e-mail from the seller after I paid. It is ONLY 3%, which I don't mind paying. However, this e-mail kinda hit me the wrong way. angry I am actually a little perturbed with this e-mail now that I think about it. Also, I thought it was against eBay policy to charge for PayPal fees? Thought I would ask you guys what I should do - pay the bum the 3% and be done with it or tell him like it is?

Here's the e-mail he sent me:

first off you never contacted me about using PayPal second you have to add 3% on top of your purchase if you use paypal. PLEASE READ MY DESCRIPTION

Also, here is a link to his auction - looks like eBay took his auction down before for trying to charge PayPal fees. I do admit I only looked to see if the seller accepted PayPal - I never saw where he states to contact him if you want to use PayPal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290200191011&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Isn't this against eBay policy???? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Isn't this against eBay policy???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Isn't this against eBay policy???? Empty Re: Isn't this against eBay policy????

Post by wonkaticket Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:13 am

I'd tell the guy to go pound sand...it's not your job to cover his fee's if he doesn't like paying the paypal fee.....dont offer paypal it's that easy.
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Isn't this against eBay policy???? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Isn't this against eBay policy???? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/piojohn3/collection

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:14 am

It's still against eBay policy to charge a fee for using PayPal. If I remember right, it's also illegal to charge a fee for using credit cards. Sounds like he's using the "contact me if you want to use PayPal" to dodge their rule against charging a fee to use it. I say that if he won't send the card, report him to eBay. Not that it'll do any good, especially if he's a powerseller.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Isn't this against eBay policy???? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Isn't this against eBay policy???? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:18 am

Scott, It is totally against Ebay rules. I would pay the fianl auction price and in form him that you will turn him into Ebay if he wants the 3%. Paypal will protect you and you know Ebay does not take kindly to breaking rules such as these, they will pull these auctions if it is listed in the auction.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Isn't this against eBay policy???? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Isn't this against eBay policy???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 am

Here was my response to him. I also went ahead and started a dispute with PayPal to get my money back. I could have paid the $2+, but this guy acted like an A#*Hole with his e-mail to me, after I paid within minutes of the auction's end. I guess it is time to stand up to this idiot on this one. nono

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Isn't this against eBay policy???? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Isn't this against eBay policy???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down