Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you won the lottery...

+5
Jim Rivera cfc1909
TheRiddler
cccc
TheBig6
sabrjay
9 posters

Go down

If you won the lottery... Empty If you won the lottery...

Post by sabrjay Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 pm

Say you won the lottery for $100m+. After you took care of all the important things like securing your future, paying off debt, etc what you do with the remainder of the winnings?

Personally, I blow a chunk of it on getting my hands on the FrankenWagner. I would then get together a bunch of hobby people I trust along with the guys from SGC and crack that sucker out so that there can finally be an answer as to what the grade really should be.

Those that know me know that money doesn't mean all that much to me and if I had $100m+, wasting about $4 million to crack out FrankenWagner and get the truth would be well worth it to me. Besides, I'd live on in infamy as the guy with the guts to crack out FrankenWagner. If you won the lottery... Icon_jokercolor

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

If you won the lottery... Empty Re: If you won the lottery...

Post by TheBig6 Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:09 am

I make the Boston Library an offer they couldn't refuse for the Boston/Pittsburgh 1903 Chickering Cabinet.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:18 am

i'll buy some renaissance/impressionist art, greek artifacts, and roman coins. who cares about 100 yr. old cards yawn ...and start an expedition to find the holy grail!...or find some vampire blood!!!

i'd buy SGC or PSA in my spare time, and make myself head grader. and when people send cards in i'd trim or alter them somehow...then reject them for being altered (as most would think the cards are good and wouldn't check the "slab as AUTHENTIC if altered")...then i would have a good laugh at their expense congrats
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:14 pm

I'd give a mil to each of those close to me who would really, really appreciate it. With the remainder I'd put it on the bed and dive into it, like Scrooge McDuck, for a very long time. Then I'd wash up go out and get me a hot pastrami on rye with a big pickle and a great big beer. And continue this routine with some minor variations until something better occurred to me - but I can not imagine what that would be.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:31 pm

After the important things I would do some big game fishing-marlin and tuna and some bass fishing in Mexico. Then buy as many rare backs as I could find and all the Baltimore types that Dan Mckee doesn't already have.

I would also give some heavy coin to some of my hobby friends so they could do the same.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:12 am

uh Jim, don't you mean you would invest the money so you could double your money to afford to buy all the rare Baltimores you need from Dan McKee?

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:15 am

E
you are right -Dan has them all already and you would need to hit the lotto twice to buy them from him

serious note-I have a good feeling the Baltimore collection will be on display at the Baltimore National.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 pm

What are baltimores?
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:00 pm

RMAN

you know -Baltimore type cards plural.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:34 pm

I'd give Masson a call about his e107 collection.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:48 am

If I won the lottery, I would no longer feel guilty about buying and opening 2009 Topps packs.

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:39 pm

cmoking wrote:If I won the lottery, I would no longer feel guilty about buying and opening 2009 Topps packs.

that's probably the best answer yet

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
If you won the lottery... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100If you won the lottery... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down