Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was your first preWWII purchase?

+2
hrbaker
bowlingshoeguy
6 posters

Go down

What was your first preWWII purchase? Empty What was your first preWWII purchase?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue May 26, 2009 2:53 am

Another got me curious about everyones initial preWWII purchase and whether they still own the card. Mine is the T202 I purchased from Bill Mastro and I still own the card, I believe I paid $50 for it in 1982. The card is still in my collection and I have no plans of it ever leaving.

What was your first preWWII purchase? T202br10

Lee

Last edited by bowlingshoeguy on Tue May 26, 2009 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What was your first preWWII purchase? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What was your first preWWII purchase? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What was your first preWWII purchase? Empty '39 PB Gehringer

Post by hrbaker Tue May 26, 2009 3:12 am

1939 Playball Charlie Gehringer which I bought from Kevin Savage in 1991 from an ad in what used to be a great publication, the SCD.
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What was your first preWWII purchase? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What was your first preWWII purchase? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What was your first preWWII purchase? Empty Re: What was your first preWWII purchase?

Post by sabrjay Tue May 26, 2009 2:12 pm

Hidden within the photo below is my first pre-WW2. I just don't remember which one it was. I can narrow it down to a complete set of t201s, n162 Caruthers, or a common t205, but I don't remember which I bought first at the show.
What was your first preWWII purchase? Myfirstt-cards

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What was your first preWWII purchase? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What was your first preWWII purchase? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

What was your first preWWII purchase? Empty Re: What was your first preWWII purchase?

Post by crazylocomerk Thu May 28, 2009 12:19 am

My first pre WWII purchase was this Abbaticchio in January 2007. I have since sold it, but I do have the scan:

What was your first preWWII purchase? T206_a11
[/url]
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
What was your first preWWII purchase? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What was your first preWWII purchase? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Thu May 28, 2009 12:57 am

My first Pre-War purchase (I'm pretty sure) was my T-206 Kleinow, Boston Variation (Polar Bear back). I bought it from Kirk Welsh at the Tacoma Dome show in 1997 or 1998. In '97 through '99 I picked up many of my best Pre-War cards (quite a few via the good ole days of Ebay), all of which are still in my collection.

Cheers,
Blair
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What was your first preWWII purchase? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What was your first preWWII purchase? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Thu May 28, 2009 1:02 am

My first was this T206 Hannifan from Kit Young in 1998. I've been interested in Jersey City prewar baseball cards and ephemera ever since. I do still own it and don't plan on parting with it either. Sometimes I think about going after the different t206 backs with this front, we'll see if I ever decide to do it.

What was your first preWWII purchase? T206Hannifan-JerseyCity

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What was your first preWWII purchase? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What was your first preWWII purchase? Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down