Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what did everyone do for the holiday?

+3
Square_Frame_Ramly
fisherboy7
jmk59
7 posters

Go down

So what did everyone do for the holiday? Empty So what did everyone do for the holiday?

Post by jmk59 Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:46 am

For Xmas, or Hanukah, how did everyone spend it?

I did our usual family Christmas, but had a hectic morning cooking for my contribution to the food spread. I didn't plan well and was madly juggling making wontons and a platter of sliders (mini-cheeseburgers) in the last 30 minutes I had before I left.

I gave one of my goddaughters a laptop for Xmas, and it just blew her away. It was a used IBM Thinkpad that I got for less than $200 with a coupon on ebay. Wow. I may never buy a new computer again. I was shocked at how much you can get for so cheap used. It's really only going to be an internet machine for a 10-year old, and for that it was perfecto. I even put on some cool High School Musical wallpaper before she opened it.

My other goddaughter got a Citizen Eco-Drive watch. I know the economy is bad and people are keeping a close eye on the pennies, but if you have any urge or need at all for a watch, now seems to be the time to shop. Even amid steep discounts on almost everything retail, watches seem to be an especially good buy.

Yeah, I went a little overboard this year, but there were a few bargains that were so good I figured it would be a once-in-forever chance to get them things I would normally not be able to.

I got a french press coffee maker that I have to figure out how to use, a few DVD's, and a way cool block of pink Himalayan (sp?) sea salt with a grater.

So what did everyone do? What was your favorite thing you gave to your kids, or anyone else for that matter? Any big hits?

Joann
jmk59
jmk59
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
So what did everyone do for the holiday? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100So what did everyone do for the holiday? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

So what did everyone do for the holiday? Empty Re: So what did everyone do for the holiday?

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:29 pm

jmk59 wrote:What was your favorite thing you gave to your kids, or anyone else for that matter? Any big hits?

I surprised my GF with a pair of tickets to see her favorite band in concert. That went over pretty well Very Happy They cost me an arm and a leg on ebay though because it was a sold out show.

Beyond that, I really cheaped out on gifts this year. Nothing too exciting. However I self-gifted a nice card that I've wanted for a long time. I'm going to keep it hush-hush until it arrives (no jinx!).

I had a really nice relaxed holiday, mostly spent it with family. Ate far too much and watched lots of sports on TV. righton
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
So what did everyone do for the holiday? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100So what did everyone do for the holiday? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

So what did everyone do for the holiday? Empty very laid back...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:38 pm

Gave my son an Ipod and a few other goodies and my Daughter got a new bike and princess stuff.

I am taking the wife out to a fancy dancy restaurant next week for out 12th anniversary, we were married on New Years eve.

Ben....can't wait to see your new card, i wonder what it is. question

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
So what did everyone do for the holiday? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100So what did everyone do for the holiday? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

So what did everyone do for the holiday? Empty Re: So what did everyone do for the holiday?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Pretty low key here, we don't have anyone under the age of 17 right now. I did buy an expense fruit cake for the family to see if it would be any better than the cheap ones, it wasn't bad. Jay and I bought mom a digital camera a few months ago. I have a friend that I always buy Christmas presents for, I take the 2 boys to a Twins games still haven't got the girl anything, that is my chore this weekend. Other than that we just have a family gathering play a few games of apples to aplles, eat and move on. I did go to see Valkyrie, enjoyed it quite abit.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
So what did everyone do for the holiday? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100So what did everyone do for the holiday? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:47 am

I continued recovering from a wicked surgery on the 10th. Gave me a good excuse to lay around wasted and celebrate with the family. I finally got out of the house for the first time that day and in the spirit of "A Christmas Story", we purposely went to a dumpy Chinese restaurant and ate roast duck. It was actually a very memorable moment, we had a great time with good laughs.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
So what did everyone do for the holiday? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100So what did everyone do for the holiday? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:39 pm

jmk59 wrote:I got a french press coffee maker.

Joann

Me too! So simple and so much better than drip style. Can't believe it's taken me 15 years of coffee drinking to finally see the light. I also got a food processor and "Little Big Planet" for the PS3, which is insanely good - surprising since I'm usually into EA Sports games and the digitized mayhem of the GTA series. My real achievement, though, was not wrecking Christmas. That Kraichely (mom's side) tradition seems to be fading.

I didn't go too crazy with the kids - both sets of grandparents engage in the craziness - but did get each of them something that brings back very vivid memories:

So what did everyone do for the holiday? Picture%20044

I had to get Drew the soft Cardinal bat and ball set, since it was the cause of one of the most epic shopping mall meltdowns in the history of childrearing - the kind that elicits the gaze of other patrons, who suspect that you have just physically abused your child in the public sphere or that your child is simply possessed by demons.

And for the Bunny Queen herself:

So what did everyone do for the holiday? Picture%20022

The bunny on the left is Nana, whose ears Ella long ago gnawed off but who nonetheless remains the central figure in the parallel bunny world, and on the right is Ella's new American Girl doll. (Again, think grandparents.) In the middle, though, is the latest addition to bunny world, Fluffy. When Ella first saw her at the grocery store about a month ago, she gave me her absolute best pouty face, but still had to sulk all the way home. "Maybe Santa will bring it."
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
So what did everyone do for the holiday? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100So what did everyone do for the holiday? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:34 pm

Steve ,
It looks like the Yawitz family had a grand Christmas. Beautiful family.
Me, I think I gained about 7 pounds. The ole' pants this morning were
a bit snugger. My wife as always was thinking ahead though. My Christmas
present were those trousers with elastic in the waist.
Who needs to diet when you can buy pants that grow with you. flaglol

Tony A.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
So what did everyone do for the holiday? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100So what did everyone do for the holiday? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:51 am

Thanks for the kind words, Tony. I think I could've used a pair of those as well. I seriously think I gained about 12 pounds in 36 hours. Almost back to normal, but I know New Years will start the process anew.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
So what did everyone do for the holiday? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100So what did everyone do for the holiday? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down