Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going?

5 posters

Go down

Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Empty Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going?

Post by scott elkins Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:37 pm

I have posted a link below to the site with more information on this show, for those interested.

http://www.phillyshow.org/nextshow.htm

I am going to try and make plans to attend this even this year (if I can find a house-sitter to watch my dope-head neighbors while I am away, to keep them from breaking in). Anyway, I also believe there are several Full Count members going to be attending this even as well - including Dan McKee (who sets up). I have also spoken with Jim R. and some others who will be attending.

TBH, there are several collectors I have known for over a dozen years or so and never met - Dan being one of course. I would really love to meet these collectors and this show seems like the best place/time to do so. Also, I am sure the big names, like Rob Lifson and others will be attending as well (whom I would love to meet as well).

If a lot of Full Count members are attending or decide to attend, we might could even schedule a dinner, where we could meet and chat. The only catch would be that we don't have any Ad Money or Sponsor, so we would have to buy our own food/drinks. Crying or Very sad However, we are all going to be eating anyway, so that expense is already calculated in our trips. This would simply be nice to get to know one another and finally (for me at least) put some faces to the names I have known for years. righton

Last edited by on Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Empty Re: Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going?

Post by phlflyer1 Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:50 pm

Although I hate the new location for the show, I will probably drive out to be there on Saturday for a good part of the day to walk the floors and visit with Dan. bananarama

Scott, let me know when your plans are finalized and I'm sure we can arrange to meet at some point during your time up here.

phlflyer1
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Empty Re: Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going?

Post by scott elkins Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi Scott - thanks for posting. I will definitely be in touch about meeting. If I get to go (again, if I can find a housesitter for a few days), I plan on being there at least two days (at the show). I figure the first day, I will be at the show looking for cards and meeting people. Then, the second day will be more of a "socializing day".

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:55 pm

I will be at Reading on Saturday and will be at Dans table or at Ted Z. table.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Thought I'd give this a bump

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:57 am

Yep - not going to be able to make this one, as I am still having problems with the "dope-heads" next door and I don't feel comfortable leaving my residence for more than one night. Sad

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:24 am

Scott,

Sorry to hear about your neighbors. That's just a crappy reason to miss a show and miss out on seeing friends. I feel for you.

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Reading Show Feb. 29th - March 2nd - Who's Going? Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Andy, thanks for your sentiments. My family has been through Hell the past three and half years with these neighbors (all b/c I told him to get the Hell off my property when he found out Heather had percocets when she burned her foot on Summber). I have had to install motion detectors and video cameras outside.

I thought things were going to get settled in court on Feb. 26, however, it has been postponed again. This guy's wife is a School Teacher and we have a warrant on her as well. I think the prosecutor is more worried about the County looking bad on this one than doing the right thing and convicting these scumbags. I am NOT going to take this one lying down however. I already told the prosecutor's office, either they do something about this legally (especially since I have video evidence), or I will be forced to take the law into my own hands. We even had to take our daughter out of Pre-K this year b/c she cannot get to sleep at a normal time - stays up thinking the dope-head neighbors are going to try and break in again! flaming mad flaming mad flaming mad I didn't spend six years in the Military (Army) to be put through Hell by some dope-head neighbors who work for a crooked County! shooting

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down