Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redemption Markings?

4 posters

Go down

Redemption Markings? Empty Redemption Markings?

Post by v117collector Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Has anyone noticed the felt pen markings on some Maple cards that have sold in past auctions? For example in the CSA, there was a group that sold with a few cards marked with the same felt. Not thinking much of these markings and only concerned with condition for upgrading, I decided not to engage in bidding.

Redemption Markings? May8con478b

Just recently, there was a Bottomley Rc that sold on Ebay with the same felt pen mark. Sad
Redemption Markings? 130

I’m not sure but I think these cards have redemption markings, so they couldn’t be resubmitted for more wins.

Your thoughts?
v117collector
v117collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Redemption Markings? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Redemption Markings? Right_bar_bleue

http://tinyurl.com/58gpxz

Back to top Go down

Redemption Markings? Empty Felt Tip markings

Post by oaks1912 Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:50 pm

As I recall, felt tip markers were not introduced until the 1960's. Are you suggesting the company had a redemption offer 40 years after the cards were printed ?

oaks1912
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Redemption Markings? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Redemption Markings? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Redemption Markings? Empty Re: Redemption Markings?

Post by v117collector Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:02 pm

oaks1912 wrote:As I recall, felt tip markers were not introduced until the 1960's. Are you suggesting the company had a redemption offer 40 years after the cards were printed ?

Well, that answered that question! drunken
v117collector
v117collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Redemption Markings? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Redemption Markings? Right_bar_bleue

http://tinyurl.com/58gpxz

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Crayons were certainly around back then, though. (invented in 1903)

I would imagine that you would be able to feel that residue pretty easily, however.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Redemption Markings? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Redemption Markings? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:54 pm

Looks to me like it could be crayon. But the redemption methods you see on cards from that era are always more obvious, ie. hole punch or trimming a coupon. I'm thinking those Crispettes just belonged to a young collector with a penchant for coloring, and are not redeemed.

BTW, nice Bottomley.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Redemption Markings? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Redemption Markings? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:04 pm

The two middle ones and the Bottomley all have the one side of the glove colored a little darker than the rest. Looks like the same little hands were having fun with each of them.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Redemption Markings? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Redemption Markings? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum