Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purchases for Resell

+2
ItsOnlyGil
bowlingshoeguy
6 posters

Go down

Purchases for Resell Empty Purchases for Resell

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:35 pm

I have recently spent $1366 for cards with the intention of reselling. I feel have have purchased them at a price that should award me at least 20% or more in the next 6 months (hopefully sooner). I have 15 T206s SGC and 3 T202s PSA. Obviously this is all speculation but thought I would post on the board when a card is sold and and keep a running total when either all the cards are sold or June 1. I will leave the cards unknown at this time, for I will be mixing in some other cards with these in the BST.

Questions for the members:

Do you think I can sell all the cards for a minimum 20% profit?

If not what % do you think I will be able to sell?

Do you think all the cards will be sold for a profit? ( I have no plans of selling the cards if I can not make at least 10%).

Am I fool for thinking I can turn these cards in a short period of time for profit?

Any other thoughts about the process are always welcome.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Purchases for Resell Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Purchases for Resell Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Purchases for Resell Empty Re: Purchases for Resell

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:53 pm

I have no predictions, but wish you well. And I will follow this with great interest, as will many.

Gil
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Purchases for Resell Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Purchases for Resell Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:06 pm

You are just a fool rendeer

You ever loving brother
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Purchases for Resell Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Purchases for Resell Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Gil, I would like to hear them, you can always say "I told you so" at the end of May. wave

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Purchases for Resell Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Purchases for Resell Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:23 am

lee time is tough, with the increased ebay fee and paypal...i would be extremely happy if i could pull in $1500 (around ~10%) net. maybe in the new year there will be a couple whales putting money into cards like years past...that would be your best bet.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Purchases for Resell Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Purchases for Resell Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:53 am

Hi Lee,

Some random thoughts. This is a really hard - impossible - game to play very well without knowing what you got. It is clear that you, who is well-informed about cards, feel you got a group of cards for 20% or better below true market value. That is a strong point in your favor.

On the other hand, in my opinion, T202s are not hot. And T206s, while immensely popular, are also relatively plentiful as a generalization. This can hurt their values in a soft market. Another point is that your average price per card is about $75. So this leads me to believe you are either dealing in commons, or low-grade stars. But certainly no Cobbs, Youngs or the like. And probably no cards the "registry collectors" will be scrambling to own at any cost. I think this would hurt your chances of seeing a short-term profit.

I think the segment of T206 you are into with this group of cards will be the last to rebound. You may have gotten some good deals on scarce backs, in which case, you might well be able to profit from these in the short term.

Of course, I'm just playing along here and might well be way off in the assumptions I've made from the limited info I had.

I wish you good luck, and I'll follow this with imuch interest!

Cheers,
Blair
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Purchases for Resell Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Purchases for Resell Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Purchases for Resell Empty Lee...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:39 am

I believe you can do it if you sell them on B/S/T....Ebay fees will take a huge % from your profit.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Purchases for Resell Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Purchases for Resell Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Lee:
You say that you have selected the 18 cards which in this market will yield a $270 profit.
If you couldn't do this with a $1366. bankroll, I would be surprised.
So the question really is "have you chosen wisely"?
I bet that you make over $300.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Purchases for Resell Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Purchases for Resell Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Just for Blair, The T206 are all 50s and the T202s are 5 or above. To me the T202s are going to be the big hit or miss, are nice strong profit or sit idle. I am hoping to get everything scanned and up, my initial plan is BST and leave the Ebay thing as a resort down the road. With the current ebay fees it is really tough to sell anything under $100 without taking a big hit.

Lee

Last edited by bowlingshoeguy on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed % to 5)
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:48 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:Just for Blair, The T206 are all 50s and the T202s are % or above.
Lee

Hi Lee,

Looking forward to checking these out!

Cheers,
Blair
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Purchases for Resell Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Purchases for Resell Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:43 pm

A slight revision after scanning the cards I have pulled 2 of the 50's, replaced one with a SCD 4, the T202's are the same but forgot to mention the 2 T206 Pattee's in the group. The total for the group is $1335.

I am starting another thread on one of the cards I pulled a Fiene Port since it has an oddity I have not seen before.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Purchases for Resell Empty Update

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:05 am

AS of today, of the cards in this group I have sold 3 for a total of $345 for a 25 % profit. I was hoping to sell a few more but the T206 common market is really slow and some that I sold were not in this group. Patience is big in this time and still confident that I will come out alright.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Purchases for Resell Empty Latest Update

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:34 pm

The latest update brings my sales total up to $480. It appears I targeted the wrong Grade (50), I recently bought some 40s for resell and sold all of them right away. I also have sold other T206s but for some reason they are from my collection and not the resell group.

For those looking to buy I tend to put my cards up for sale here first for a few and and sometimes at lower prices, before I post to the other board. Just a little thanks for reading the board.

Making a little progress but do have a ways to go.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Purchases for Resell Empty Update

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:08 am

My latest update on my resell is 5 cards sold for a total of $692 a 23.68% profit. I am making good progress so far over half way there in dollar value, but the T206s have been slow. I have sold 3 as many cards just out of my collection or bought as resell at other times.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:15 pm

bowlingshoeguy wrote:

Am I fool for thinking I can turn these cards in a short period of time for profit?

Any other thoughts about the process are always welcome.

Lee

If you figure that this portion of your effort required 4 hours to perform, and there was $10. in listing, shipping, and maybe other fees; at $15./hr. that would be: 4x15= $60 + $10. = $70 or about a 12% actual return (if my figuring is ballpark).

Well a 12% actual return in three months, if maintained, would yield 4x12 = 48
That is 48% annualized return on investment.
I sure wish that even one of my investments was heading that way.
(Actually a few are, but as usual, I have way too little in them)

righton
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum