Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone ever....

3 posters

Go down

Has anyone ever.... Empty Has anyone ever....

Post by cheesewedge Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:34 am

Hi. I was a bit curious to know if any of you have ever placed an add (local/state paper, Craigs List ...etc.) "Currently buying Vintage sports cards and entire collections"? If so, what were some of the answers to your add like and did you end up purchasing anything?
Thanks,
cheese

cheesewedge
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Has anyone ever.... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Has anyone ever.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever.... Empty Re: Has anyone ever....

Post by sabrjay Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:47 am

In the 70s and 80s, it was pretty effective way to find cards. Today, your chances of getting anything that way are pretty slim. I have a web page devoted to cards featuring Native American Indian Chiefs. I got contacted every few months by someone who has some cards, but most of the time, they are reprints. I'd be very leery of Craig's List. I've heard nothing but horror stories from people trying to make deals over there.

Your best bet is scouring local estate auctions and garage sales.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Has anyone ever.... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Has anyone ever.... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:12 pm

I responded to an ebay seller who added the following thought to his sales listings: " ask my how I can sell your cards for you at a greater profit than you can ".

Although it may have not been actually at a greater profit, he sold thousands of dollars of misc. 1950s material with relatively no headaches to me, and thereby financed the bulk of my pre-war initial acquisition thrust. It was well worth it for the both of us. Since then, I have essentially sold nothing. I buy only what I want (except for screwups). But the point really is: that line worked on me.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Has anyone ever.... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Has anyone ever.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum