Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did somebody say "Shhhhh"?

+2
fisherboy7
ItsOnlyGil
6 posters

Go down

Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Empty Did somebody say "Shhhhh"?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:13 am

Heck, what is a message board with no messages?

Doesn't anyone even want to talk about BVGs 500+ t206s (incl. Wagner)?
I don't.
But they are reportedly all Sweet Caps.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Empty Re: Did somebody say "Shhhhh"?

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:32 am

Agreed! Scott has been MIA for a few days, and he tends to keep the ball rolling.

BTW that's a great looking Wagner in the find. Exactly the kind of shape mine is in my dreams. Heavy corner rounding and a few scattered creases, but a crisp, unimpeded image of Honus that you can't keep your eyes off of.

Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? T206wa10
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:23 am

Why in the world would anyone submit t206s, let alone a Wagner to BVG? Talk about leaving money on the table.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:54 am

As so often it seems like someone that know's nothing about cards came up with another "find". I can't think of any other reason someone would send 500 plus t206's to Beckett. As far as what the Wagner may go for....it could get interesting. You could have some thinking it looks good enough to get a bump to an SGC 20...(I've seen worse 30's)...although who knows about the back, could be paperloss. I think you'll also have a certain amount of interested bidders for it that feel or at least worry about the card being trimmed ( i'd highly doubt it but the borders left - right do seem narrow) I think in the end with the Beckett holder or BVG whatever they are...I would think around 150k for this card....
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:56 am

I'm not sure who found this collection, but I'm guessing they deal in new stuff. I have a cousin who deals is high graded current cards (ebay id: mnmiracle2004) and everything he has is graded by Beckett. From what he says a 10 is impossible and most 9.5's sell for PSA 10 prices.

That is the only way I can think someone chose them.

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:06 pm

I am back guys - sorry. I have been extremely busy since Sunday doing research for my upcoming book and haven't had a chance to be on here that much.

I would say on this one, since the find came from a source that is NOT in the Hobby, they went with Beckett for grading these b/c that is a popular name in price guides. Beckett was probably the most familiar name someone outside the Hobby would know b/c of these price guides.

Anyway, this is a nice looking Wagner and it will be interesting to see what the card fetches at auction.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Did somebody say "Shhhhh"? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum