Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which RARE BACK would you choose?

+12
hanksta
arandy
psacollector
Square_Frame_Ramly
bowlingshoeguy
crazylocomerk
TheBig6
sabrjay
cccc
Bicem
ullmandds
fisherboy7
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which RARE BACK would you choose?

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
[ 4 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 24

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which RARE BACK would you choose?

Post by psacollector Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:19 pm

That is a very cool Toy Town stamp! I think this shows that it is possible that other post-production stamps can be found as well. It would be great if someone comes across an Niagra stamp, or Old Put stamp, or one of the various E94 stamps. Needless to say, these stamps that came after the regular printing process would never again be held in the same regard.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which RARE BACK would you choose?

Post by onlychild Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:25 pm

Shown on another thread. The ever-so-rare Kevin stamp.

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Kevin_11

yea and i agree stamped back is the biggest scam going in the hobby today.

I second that! or is it third or forth now?

...u may laugh now but we'll see who laughs last! machine

Well said. I still say there will be a much larger (almost unbelievable) shock than that in the hobby...some day.

Oh but that Toy Town stamp rules!
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:33 pm

richard so cool that u got a TT stamp made. looks so period and authentic! of course us experts can tell the diff obviously.

can you dab some water on the inkpad and it still works?

p.s. congrats on the freelance gig and getting published.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:03 pm

I wrote the Toy Town article in the #15 issue of Old Cardboard (thanks for the plug, Jeff!).

Yes, I do have an original period toy town stamp. Yes, it is the original ink pad and the ink is purple. I have a single complete version of the Toy Town Post Office game that contained the proper stamp, as well as several examples of other generations of the game and stamps. If you have not had a chance to read the article, you should pick up a copy.

There was a typo in the original article which said something to the effect of "if other stamps are found for these overprint cards that carry a premium, the values will increase." Of course I meant that the values should DECREASE if more of these stamps are found. A retraction was printed in the next issue of Old Cardboard.

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Stamps

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Toytown009

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Toytown1

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Toytown3

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Toytown4

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Spears1

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Spears3

Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Toytown013
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by andybecker Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:28 pm

randy; jay is correct helmar is much, much more difficult than red sun in the s74 issue. that being said, red sun is very difficult. i know of three helmar silks in the ten+ years i collected silks. maybe 12 red suns have come to market in the same period.

andybecker
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:22 am

cool stuff rman i don't subscribe to OCB anymore so thanks for the synopsis. have u tried to stamp the back of an '88 topps card to see how "fresh" the ink would be compared to a t206 TT?
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Which RARE BACK would you choose? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:52 pm

No, but I have stamped numerous Bowman Chrome Chad Billingsley's and have pawned them off to some 1989 Donruss collector who seems to have some wierd affliction towards modern shineys and prewar baseball.

naughty
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2