Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted ** Old Mill/Hindu Newspaper Ads for website *** $$$

2 posters

Go down

Wanted ** Old Mill/Hindu Newspaper Ads for website *** $$$ Empty Wanted ** Old Mill/Hindu Newspaper Ads for website *** $$$

Post by BrassT206 Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:10 am

Hello,

Over the past few weeks I have been putting together a comprehensive collection of the Old Mill and Hindu ads that ran throughout the US from 1909 to about May of 1910 for a website that will display the advertisements along with the dates and newspapers. Currently, I have accumulated 25 different Old Mill images and 10 Hindu images spanning 6 different newspapers. I have been able to roughly identify a chronological order for the Old Mills along with their 14 different phrases. I do not have any images of the Sporting Life Piedmont ads nor any other ads from EPDG, Soveriegn, etc. I am looking for the forums help to continue to gather images and information for this webpage so that collectors will have a place to go to and admire the ads which sold millions of cigarettes and eventually gave us our T sets. My email is kilaartist@aol.com for anyone with additional information or to send images of your ads. Also, I am eventually hoping to display these newspapers in some form for the public so if anyone has these ads and are willing to sell them or trade for them please keep me in mind. Thanks to all those who have already contributed their knowledge:

Troy Kirk
Joe Lindway
Paul Mifsud
Leon Luckey
ddm4236

Thanks again for helping with the project. ~DB

BrassT206
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Wanted ** Old Mill/Hindu Newspaper Ads for website *** $$$ Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Wanted ** Old Mill/Hindu Newspaper Ads for website *** $$$ Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Wanted ** Old Mill/Hindu Newspaper Ads for website *** $$$ Empty Re: Wanted ** Old Mill/Hindu Newspaper Ads for website *** $$$

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:40 am

Because this was mostly an inquiry for information, I decided to move this thread from the BST (where it didn't get much attention) to the main board. Would love to see some scans of the cigarette company ads you've collected so far if at all possible. Best of luck to our newest board member, BrassT206, in your project.

righton
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Wanted ** Old Mill/Hindu Newspaper Ads for website *** $$$ Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Wanted ** Old Mill/Hindu Newspaper Ads for website *** $$$ Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down