Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mastro Auction Winnings

+4
hanksta
asphaltman76
Square_Frame_Ramly
crazylocomerk
8 posters

Go down

Mastro Auction Winnings Empty Mastro Auction Winnings

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:03 am

Has anyone else not received their auction winnings?

My invoice was marked 7/3/08 and I immediately sent payment in the form of a check.

The check cleared on 7/11, and I still have not received my package.

Is this normal? Is it because this is my first time winning a lot from one of their auctions?

I thought about emailing them, but thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks in advance.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Mastro Auction Winnings Empty Hi Eric...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:25 am

Yea...Mastro should have mailed it at least by 7/14 so you have to figure in Registered mail delivery. I bet its delivered on Tuesday.

mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Mastro Auction Winnings Empty Re: Mastro Auction Winnings

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:44 am

Registered mail runs like priority mail.

Maybe I should just contact them.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Mastro Auction Winnings Empty actually....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:11 am

registered mail runs like a snail....7-10 business days.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:41 am

That's interesting, because every time I pay for registered mail at my post office in South Plainfield, they mark the package with Priority Mail stickers, and it gets to it's destination within 3 days.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Mastro Auction Winnings Empty wow...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:00 pm

never heard of that Eric...when i send registered they make me tape the box with special tape so a bomb can't open it. naughty

They should not be putting stickers that say priority because all Registered mail gets taken out of circulation from normal mail.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Yes registered mail is much more secure and has to be signed for each step along the way. Its not uncommon for a registered package to take two weeks to get somewhere.
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Mastro Auction Winnings Empty also...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:15 pm

when i send a package registered, the woman at the post office gets up and takes the package to a certain area where registered packages are kept. All other mail she just tosses in a box next to her.
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Ok, so I don't know what I'm talking about.

Still they seem to move really quickly from here.

They tape up the boxes with the brown tape over all the edges and stamp the box all over with a "Registered Mail" stamper.

But the last time they said it moves like priority, and I didn't believe them, but it got to CA from NJ in 3 days.

I think I watched them put priority stickers on the box too, but I could be mistaken....which I probably am. I've sent out a lot of stuff over the last month or so.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:48 pm

When I have registered packages come from SGC they always have priority stickers and take 2 or 3 days (NJ to MN).

But I've also heard that most of the time you can assume 7 - 10 days for cross country delivery.
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:55 pm

hanksta wrote:When I have registered packages come from SGC they always have priority stickers and take 2 or 3 days (NJ to MN).

But I've also heard that most of the time you can assume 7 - 10 days for cross country delivery.

Thank you Sean....glad I'm not going crazy. Like I said, I ship from NJ too and the last two I sent via Registered took 2 days....3 days max.

One to CA, and the other to IN

Last edited by crazylocomerk on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to change Hanksta to Sean. Pardon the temporary brain fart.)
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Back to the original question before it gets buried.....

Anyone still waiting on their winnings from Mastro?
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 pm

I'm not, but I also didn't win anything. Sad

Sean
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Mastro Auction Winnings Empty Mail

Post by Wiggum Fan Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:49 pm

Personally, I think that is why NJ is the best state in the nation. It only takes a few days to get something cross country while the reverse seems to take longer. Also, the NJ postal workers might miss-mark items in your favor!

And NJ has SGC.

Michael

Wiggum Fan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Update:

I still have not received my winnings.

They have not returned my email requesting an update on my shipment.

They are by far the slowest of any auction house I have dealt with, and I might just stay away from them the next time. It's kind of frustrating.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Although the time frame it's been since your check cleared, (the 11th) isn't to drastic
the non response to your emails is unacceptable. I to have had problems having emails
returned from Mastro in the past. If I were you I'd call and speak to Pete Calderon with
Mastro to vent your displeasure and demand a response. He is a N54 member as you are
so him knowing this before hand will probably force him to speak to you.
I'm sure some Full Count members have his personal email address as well. Nothings more
frustrating than giving your hard earned money to someone such as Mastro only to be
ignored afterwards. SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:42 pm

3-2-count wrote:Although the time frame it's been since your check cleared, (the 11th) isn't to drastic

You're totally right. I'm impatient, because I'm not used to waiting this long.

I think.......actually I KNOW I'd be more patient if they'd return my emails.

There just doesn't seem to be that personal touch as with many of the other auction houses like:

H&S
Sloate
19thCentury
Goodwin
REA
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:52 pm

Eric -
I agree. Moments after winning a card in the recent 19th Century Only auction I emailed Seth with a question
regarding my winning's. He responded instantly. I've also had the same classy quick replies from Barry Sloate
and REA in past auctions. Mastro should take a page from these other successful auction houses on how to
conduct customer service. Mastro really is bottom of the barrell in this department.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Well I did get a response back after my second email to them.

Today is the release date of my package because I paid by check, and it is in fact going out today.

So the saga ends. I guess this is standard according to their policy, and if I want my packages faster, I have to start paying with a cashier's check....is basically what I was told. Good to know.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 pm

I'm actually quite surprised, and now at ease.

After the gentleman replied to me, I emailed him back thanking him for the update, and I apologized for my "testiness".

He emailed me back a quite pleasant response.

So I take back what I was griping about with their customer service.

Last edited by crazylocomerk on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm an impatient A--HOLE)
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:38 pm

eric after you buy with them a few times they won't wait for checks to clear anymore. unlike rea they're reactive instead of being proactive. rob will send out your package before you've even sent payment...while you have to prove with mastro that you're reliable.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by phlflyer1 Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:24 am

3-2-count wrote:Although the time frame it's been since your check cleared, (the 11th) isn't to drastic
the non response to your emails is unacceptable. I to have had problems having emails
returned from Mastro in the past. If I were you I'd call and speak to Pete Calderon with
Mastro to vent your displeasure and demand a response.

Eric,

Glad to hear that you finally got a response on the lot that you won. Tonys advice above is/was excellent advice except that Pete no longer works for Mastro as of a couple of days ago and is now with Heritage.

http://www.psacard.com/articles/article_view.chtml?artid=5407&universeid=314

phlflyer1
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Mastro Auction Winnings Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mastro Auction Winnings Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down