Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding something new to the SCD? How hard?

3 posters

Go down

Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Empty Adding something new to the SCD? How hard?

Post by asphaltman76 Sat May 31, 2008 5:02 pm

Not that I have anything in mind...but am curious how hard is it to get something added to the SCD? Either an uncatologued version in a series...or perhaps another series altogether that isn't in it now? For an uncatalogued example....i'm assuming all you need to provide is a scan of the card in question? (And I realize many folks want to keep their uncatalogued anything, as is).
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Empty The cabinet of Terry Turner is uncatalogued, as is the Terry

Post by zouraspm Sat May 31, 2008 5:39 pm

Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Jnjscan0008Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Terryadonis
zouraspm
zouraspm
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Empty Re: Adding something new to the SCD? How hard?

Post by sabrjay Sat May 31, 2008 8:13 pm

It's not quite that easy to get a new variation or new set listed in SCD. I had to do a lot of leg work in order for SCD to recognize the card as a new variation for the set. I basically had to have a couple of big name collectors I know who had seen the card, tell Bob Lemke their opinion of the card. After some discussion between them and SGC, who ultimately slabbed it, it was agreed that it was a new variation, was added to the SCD checklist and was slabbed by SGC.

Some were of the opinion that it was a one time printing fluke, but another example has surfaced discounting that theory.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Adding something new to the SCD?  How hard? Empty Re: Adding something new to the SCD? How hard?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down