Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay?

+5
fisherboy7
crazylocomerk
sabrjay
cccc
Square_Frame_Ramly
9 posters

Go down

E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Empty E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay?

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:06 am

I noticed all the E103 cards on Ebay being sold by Mastro....why would they do Ebay instead of the upcoming auction. I think its a bad seller move to list that many at once. Oh well, i may get some for cheap!!! bananarama

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmastroauctionsinc2

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Empty Re: E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay?

Post by cccc Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:51 pm

mark new strategy? i notice they're saving the cobb/wagner etc for the catalog auction...kinda weird.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Empty Re: E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay?

Post by sabrjay Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:10 pm

Did they discontinue the collector auction or whatever that low level auction was? As weak as those auctions were, it makes no sense to sell cards like these on eBay.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:50 am

Glad I got rid of mine when I did. Nothing like flooding the market.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Empty AMAZING PRICES....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:24 am

Both ways...i thought a few cards went for cheap and then a few went for BIG $. I know its probably 2 guys going strong after certain E103 cards but still...WOW.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:52 am

yeppers mark if i didn't already have an e104 bender portrait i would've gone after the e103 bender for sure...and it seems like people actually pay up for the nagy pedigree? last week an sgc10 bresnahan went for $427 (nicer than grade) and today the sgc40 went for only $516...i bet the sgc10 guy is pissed Smile.

i'm actually waiting for the e94s and e97s to hit as i'm not a big fan of portraits...much less than red background (ironic i know considering my avatar...)
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:36 pm

I'd like to hear an explanation for some of those e103 prices. $1800 for low grade non-hofers? I know some cards in the set are perceived as tougher than others, but c'mon! Shocked

Just nutty stuff going on there.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:53 pm

i guess a couple of those are tough?

otherwise has anyone noticed the big price drop on the scarce commons in these caramel sets? the e102 sgc40 miller fielding recently, the e97 steinfeldt...and to a lesser extent the e98 coombs/vaughn. we're talking at least 50% from what their prices were 3-4 years ago when they were perceived to be impossible to find...i guess no one's doing sets anymore.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Empty I said...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:05 pm

months ago that the economy will affect prices. Seems to be happening now.

I know for a fact, a few collectors were ready to pay a nice premium for those few E103 cards that went for big $. Thats all it takes sometimes, 2 or more buyers who really want a card.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by macbruce11 Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:07 pm

Hey guys,
I am about half way through this set, although it is a low priority in my echelon of collecting. However, the Tenny and Wood cards are notoriously difficult to find. I don't know why, but the only copies I have seen have been embedded in sets sold by the big auction companies. I did think the price on the Brown was very high though. Quan I do agree that prices are low. I think I paid $800 for a poor condition e102 Miller fielding a few years back. It will be interesting to see how strong prices are in the Mastro and REA Auctions. Something tells me that the few cards I have my eye on will not be bargains.

Bruce Mac

macbruce11
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:43 am

The E102 Miller Fielding price on ebay was quite a bargain. I remember the same exact card selling for $3,000 only a few years ago and a SGC 20 selling for $1,500 not long ago. Price for most E cards seem very very low these days.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:37 pm

congrats wes! you're building a nice e102 set there...who knew the late 2007/08 pricing would be much cheaper than the 2005/06 version...and you're doing it piece by piece. very nice.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:21 pm

I am just trying to build a few sets here and there and leave the big auction cards to alone. You seem to be going to opposite direction selling your caramels in preparation for REA and mastro.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Empty E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay?

Post by shammus Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:44 am

Hey guys,

First post on this board. I believe I recognize all the names in this thread at least - neat to see so many of my old card collecting buddies in one place!

I'm kind of surprised Mastro opted to sell the e103s one at a time on Ebay. Not that they do poorly individually at all, just a move I haven't seen from them before. I thought a few prices were low. Others fetched some really aggressive prices. I suppose it's just a matter of who needs the cards to complete their set at the time.

I was the high bidder on the Tenny and pretty much expected it to go that high. I think there's enough hype surrounding that card at this point to carry it to the level it ended at. Many of you know, I was sitting on 29 e103s for about a year or more and needing a Tenny to complete the set. My monthly pleas for someone to sell me the card as well as my occasional gripes about it's difficulty certainly added to that. Not that e103s have a really high pop count through SGC and PSA in general, but this one's is especially low - I believe it is sitting at "5" between both companies. I'm not really collecting the e103 set anymore but it probably would be my all-time favorite set with the Tenny being my favorite card from it.

The Wood surprised me a bit but it's really tough as well. You'd be surprised how many people don't even realize that's of a player named ROBERT Wood. A lot of people just assume it's Smokey Joe when they see the name "Wood" printed at the bottom of their checklist. This isn't a card you typically hear a lot of hype about though so I was sort of surprised that it went so high.

As far as some of the others...I think a lot of the cards that graded out as SGC 40 did pretty well. With these, you've got a lot of longtime set collectors looking for upgrades and they were probably able to nab a card or two from this group to help them. e103s are made from a very thin material and are kinda fragile. They're very difficult to find in a grade above "good".

Anyway, that's just my two cents on that. Hope you guys are all doing well and I hope to keep in touch with you all in the future!

Regards,
Brian

shammus
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Empty Hey Brian...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:02 am

Nice to see you here!!!!

Brian is one of the nicest/honest persons i have ever dealt with in the hobby. Razz

When i talked to you a few weeks ago on the phone i forgot to ask if you have visited this forum yet. Glad to have you here. beer

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:35 am

Brian is right, the Wood card is Robert Wood, not Smokey Joe. Please pass the word so that those thinking it is Joe will dump them. This Robert's only card and I need it Wink

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PeteBrowningFan Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:58 am

psacollector wrote:The E102 Miller Fielding price on ebay was quite a bargain. I remember the same exact card selling for $3,000 only a few years ago and a SGC 20 selling for $1,500 not long ago. Price for most E cards seem very very low these days.
Agreed, Barry Sloate was also auctioning an E102 Boss Schmidt SGC 30 that sold for less than $400. Over a year ago, a SGC 10 with significant paper loss on the back sold for over $1,000. It's a tough card, but if no one is trying to complete a set, there's not much demand.

PeteBrowningFan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100E103 Heaven....being sold by Mastro on EBay? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down