Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's

3 posters

Go down

Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Empty Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's

Post by ItsOnlyGil Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:47 am

front, which is really unrelated to the player, can not be removed without a grading penalty. Although I do not consider Zeenut Coupons, Red Man Tabs, etc. nearly as significant as Old Judge or Mayo Ads on the card front, I understand that each has an impact.

But why this does not apply to Wheaties cut out cards, I do not fully understand. Actually, this entire subject I neither fully understand, nor agree with. How about you?

Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Grin10Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Zoom11
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Empty Re: Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:49 am

Hand cut items should only be graded authentic, other wise you might as well grade all trimmed cards.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Empty Re: Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's

Post by sabrjay Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:09 am

I'm in the same camp as Lee. If it has been cut from a strip or a box or a coupon has been removed, it should only get an AUTH grade.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:47 am

While that makes sense, Lee and Jay, there appears to be no discrimination between box or strip card cut outs and cards which were not intended to be cut at all; and non-cards which have been cut to resemble actual issues.

Examples here would include OJs with their ads hacked off, and advertisements cut down to individual "cards". All of which are candidates for an Authentic grade.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Coupons, Mfgr. Ads, Tabs, and similar stuff on a card's Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down