Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any experience with CSA?

5 posters

Go down

Any experience with CSA? Empty Any experience with CSA?

Post by Auggiedoggy Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 am

Does anyone have any experience with CSA. No, not the CSA from the US. I'm talking about Canadian Sports Authenticator located in Courtenay, British Columbia.

Auggiedoggy
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Any experience with CSA? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Any experience with CSA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Any experience with CSA? Empty Re: Any experience with CSA?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:44 am

Not a good history, you are really taking a gamble whether the card is authentic or unaltered.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Any experience with CSA? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Any experience with CSA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Auggiedoggy Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:22 pm

That's a pity. CSA had this offer where you would pay $999.99 for unlimited grading. No one else offers this. Your response above to my question probably explains why - they need the business.

Thanks.

Auggiedoggy
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Any experience with CSA? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Any experience with CSA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 pm

That's an interesting offer, I think I have spent slightly over that amount to SGC but would have never thought of paying one lump sum for unlimited grading.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Any experience with CSA? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Any experience with CSA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Auggiedoggy Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:49 pm

It was a very attractive offer for me since I have a lot of cards to get graded. And because they are in Canada I wouldn't have to deal with customs. My other Canadian option would be KSA but I believe they also have a similar reputation. I had some C55 hockey cards graded by KSA about 8 years ago and I thought they did a great job. Haven't dealt with them recently though so I don't know if their standards have lowered.

Auggiedoggy
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:38 pm

CSA cards don't pull good prices because of their reputation. I would go with SGC. It does sound annoying to have to deal with customs.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Any experience with CSA? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Any experience with CSA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:03 am

I'm Canadian, and while I don't have my cards graded (I do buy them slabbed) I've heard that SGC has a Canadian submission center in Oshawa, Ontario where you can mail your cards, have them slabbed, and avoid issues at customs.

Check out this thread for more pertinent info.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Any experience with CSA? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Any experience with CSA? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:29 am

that's true, i once sent a raw wagner i sold to sgc...and they delivered it to the buyer w/o any problem. i didn't have to worry about shipping or customs on my end, which was nice.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Any experience with CSA? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Any experience with CSA? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum