Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gradeing

+7
sabrjay
Grandpa
crazylocomerk
bowlingshoeguy
jbonie
terjung
bruinsfan94
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gradeing - Page 2 Empty Re: Gradeing

Post by Bicem Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:30 am

Authentication being done by computer programs? Interesting, had not heard about that. question

Would still think a good fake would be able to fool the program.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Gradeing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Gradeing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandpa Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:37 am

So, anyone think that my cards are valuable enough to grade? Does anyone care to hazard an opinion what the grade might be? Thanks again for everyone's comments.

Grandpa
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Gradeing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gradeing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:40 am

Bicem wrote:Authentication being done by computer programs? Interesting, had not heard about that. question

I'm with you on this one.

I personally would never buy an autograph. If you did not get the autograph in person there never is 100% proof if is real.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Gradeing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Gradeing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:35 am

Grandpa wrote:So, anyone think that my cards are valuable enough to grade? Does anyone care to hazard an opinion what the grade might be? Thanks again for everyone's comments.

Grading can be hit and miss at times. T201s can be hard to get a good handle on a grade as there are a few extra factors, line the fold, that radically affect the grade. The HOFers are certainly worth getting graded but the commons probably aren't.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Gradeing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Gradeing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:18 am

bowlingshoeguy wrote:
Bicem wrote:Authentication being done by computer programs? Interesting, had not heard about that. question

I'm with you on this one.

I personally would never buy an autograph. If you did not get the autograph in person there never is 100% proof if is real.

Lee

Agreed here too. The autograph world is way too shady for my taste. Given some of the stories that I hear, I am really glad that I haven't "invested" in autograph cuts. I think TTM is a really cool way to build a collection, but outside of that or something obtained in person, I wouldn't trust any either.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Gradeing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Gradeing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 am

Gramps, my advice us, grade them, and then unless you live in Egypt and don't have any food to eat, keep them and give them to your grandchildren. I still have the Joe Montana rookie my grandmother gave me for my bar mitzvah. T201's are even more special - they are attractive cards from a whole other era. It's hard to tell fron the scans, but I would say they aee in Very Good condition, which is about normal for the set. Good luck to you...
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Gradeing - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Gradeing - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2