Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way off-topic but....

+4
scott elkins
hanksta
crazylocomerk
Square_Frame_Ramly
8 posters

Go down

Way off-topic but.... Empty Way off-topic but....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Just wanted to share with you guys a purchase i made today. Growing up in the 1980's as a teen i played video games at the local arcade or Chucky Cheese rest. My favorite was Zoo Keeper and as i got older i always wanted to get one to put in my Rec Room. Well, i just bought one that has been all updated with many new parts and is working in perfect cond. I have a little cash to burn so i bought it. The wife don't know yet but can't wait to see her face. Twisted Evil

She will think i am insane

Way off-topic but.... 4741_010Way off-topic but.... 4741_110

MARK mallet frustrated drool cheers bananarama 2
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Way off-topic but.... Empty Re: Way off-topic but....

Post by crazylocomerk Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:29 pm

Very Cool! Nothing like old school retro games, and in arcade form at that.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Very nice Mark, I bought a Wii a few weeks ago and my wife just looked at me and made that face. My rational was she was travelling for work for the next two months and I needed something to do.

But the rule is:

If you have it in the house for 48 hours and she doesn't notice or say anything about it, she can't say nothin'! But this also works for her.

sdbh
beer
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Way off-topic but.... Empty Ha,Ha Sean...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:01 pm

Yea...wish she could not notice this but i think it will stick out.

I probably over paid for it but i have been looking for around 2-3 years for one of these and i never can find one. I do see them for sale but most sellers don't ship and you have to pick it up yourself. The guy i bought it from is from Penn. and will ship it for around $300 right to my house. This guy has his own company that restores and services these old games. He put new power supply in it and fixed a few other things, he also gave me a warranty so i am very happy. Can't wait for my son to see this, he is only 7 and has never seen a game like this. How different times are now.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:18 pm

SUPER pick-up Mark! I almost did the same thing last year. While at a Mall in TN, I took Kaitlyn to the Arcade for a couple of hours and they had prices on all their games. They had a Mrs. Pac-Man and Galaga combo game for only $2500! I would have bought it, had I had a way of getting it home (I don't have a vehicle big enough to haul it in, am not suppose to lift over 10 lbs. and the Arcade didn't deliver).

I remember in the 1980's it was always a DREAM to have your own full-size Arcade game at home! They were around $10k back then however. Sad

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Way off-topic but.... Empty thats good to know Scott...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:22 pm

I paid $1,100 for this one....maybe it will have a T206 Honus Wagner stuck up inside the panel. bananarama

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Back in the early 80's I bought a Zaxxon (I believe that was the name) arcade game very cheap. My kids and the neighborhood kids as well as myself had many hours of fun on that game. Although the kids had it mastered very quickly and could kill the Robot everytime.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Wow Mark - your astute buying even crosses over to video games!

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:32 pm

I know what you mean - Kaitlyn is only five and can beat me on all her video games!

I can't remember the name right off, but there was a game in the early 80's where you controlled a spaceship that moved through maze-like regions that could fire in four directions (the spaceship firing). I think the name began with a "V", but am not certain. I would love to eventually find one of those to buy, along with Pac-Man and Mrs. Pac-Man. However, I am planning on moving in a couple years (or sooner), due to my neighbors, so I will probably wait until I get settled in another area before buying anything else heavy that would require a moving company.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:51 pm

hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:42 pm

Cool Sean - I could even set down and play that one (the one at the Arcard was a standup model).

I believe the name of the game I was thinking of above was Vanguard. Does anyone remember this game from the 80's? It was one of those games where, when the game was over, you always thought you could do better the next time you played.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Lee and I have a friend that lives locally and he has a killed collection of sports pinball machines and arcade games. He has the earliest known basketball arcade game from the 30s and rare triple decker baseball game among other great games.

I've always wanted on of the baseball games and the old Kiss pinball machine. 8 Ball Deluxe would be a good one too.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:05 pm

hey mark is it just one game or a bunch of old retro games? my friend has a new machine with all the old games in it street fighter, mortal kombat, 1942 etc etc and that's pretty cool.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Way off-topic but.... Empty Ha,Ha Quan....

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm

that is just one game. Zoo Keeper, it came out in 1982/1983, by 1984 there was a push for play at home style video games and these relics lost favor so the companies stoped making them. Anyone remember Atari!!!!

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:17 pm

Atari 2400 and Activsion. We used to do a good business in carts for those games, especially Atari.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:41 pm

I never had video games growing up and was the uncool kid and nobody wanted to come over to my house, but when I went to college I wound up buying an Atari 2600, Odyssey 2, Vectrex (my favorite - very cool little table top vector system), Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega, Sega Saturn and Neo Geo. It was pretty cool, I had 1 big tv with 2 small ones on top and had each game hooked up to switches so I could go from system to system with no problem...I was a real dork.

At the time Playstation just came out so the old games and systems were really cheap on eBay or at the Goodwill. After graduating I sold them all for a little profit.

Like Jay said, some of the Atari games are really rare and bring in some big bucks!

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:05 pm

Nothing is "way" off topic in the Bullpen!

Great pickup Mark. congrats

The one arcade game from my youth I'd like to have in my basement or even play again is the original Golden Axe. They had it at my local 7-11 in the late 80's and we'd play it to death after school and on weekends. I always liked playing the side scrolling adventure/beat 'em up arcade games and Golden Axe was a really memorable one.

Way off-topic but.... XGolden_Axe
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Way off-topic but.... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Way off-topic but.... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down