Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set Collecting, Newbie Question

+3
terjung
browncow75
nendee
7 posters

Go down

Set Collecting, Newbie Question Empty Set Collecting, Newbie Question

Post by nendee Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:59 am

I'm working on a 1933 Goudey. Do you put your sets in binders with plastic pages? What about newer sets like say 1965 Topps? Binder or cardboard hobby box? Thanks Guys! Also just got my first t206, a sweet sgc70 Frank Chance Sweet Cap.

nendee
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Set Collecting, Newbie Question Empty Re: Set Collecting, Newbie Question

Post by browncow75 Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:06 am

Hey nendee,
Welcome to the board! I would say its dependant on the condition you collect. If you have nicer, high end stuff, you would probably want to go with semi rigid toploaders for extra protection. Congrats on the Chance, thats a nice card!
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nendee Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:26 am

Thanks B,

I'm shooting for 5/60 or better, I like the rigid toploader idea, I can do that and still make them easy and safe to look through. I have around 20 1933's right now, all in the condition above or better, the best player being Hornsby. Anyone have decent condition "commons" they can part with for a rookie? Smile. Love the forum, thx!

nendee
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by browncow75 Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:24 am

Any Plans on getting them slabbed? That is a great way to protect them if you can afford to get them graded. Cant beat SGC. 33's llok really good in their holders. Plus, you can store them in their cardboard boxes, and it makes for easiy access to go through them when you want without fear of damaging them! Good Luck!
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:52 am

I too collect '33 Goudey and have mine all slabbed by SGC and in plastic binder pages - 4 to a page. These hold the slabbed cards nicely. Here is the link for where I last purchased the pages. http://www.the2buds.com/supg4.htm
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:50 am

Hi, and welcome to the board. If you are not getting the cards slabbed I would personally the the HOFers in top loaders and buy plastic sheets to put the commons in.

Good luck with your collection and nice start to your T206s with the Chance.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Comisky Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 am

Here is what I do with mine........

Set Collecting, Newbie Question Photo-10

Set Collecting, Newbie Question Photo-11

Set Collecting, Newbie Question Photo-12
Comisky
Comisky
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:09 am

Comisky wrote:Here is what I do with mine........

Great idea! T-card toploader in a standard 9-pocket sheet...perfect!
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Comisky Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:37 am

Yeah, it really is. When I first started collecting the T206 set I had about 40-50 in slabs and realized that they were starting to take up a lot of space. Then I started thinking about eventually having 520 slabs and I thought that would be crazy! So, I cracked all of them out and placed them into the 15 card pages from ultra pro but I wasn't happy about good protection for the cards. I noticed that with the 15 card pages the corners of the pages would tend to curl up and I wanted a little more protection then that. So, after a little trial and error I now have them in T size penny sleeves, T size top loaders, and 9 card pages. They look amazing and providing a lot of protection for the cards.
Comisky
Comisky
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:50 am

Great idea, Jeff!
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:35 am

Jeff -

Those look fantastic in the binder. Nice!
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Set Collecting, Newbie Question Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Set Collecting, Newbie Question Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down